Author Topic: problems compiling svn version in Suse10  (Read 3725 times)

Offline ASJ

• Multiple posting newcomer
problems compiling svn version in Suse10
« on: February 02, 2006, 02:55:08 pm »
Hello,
I'm trying to port an application I made with the windows version (RC2, win2000) of codeblocks to linux. When using the rpm based on cvs of 20051104, I run into the problem that the wx-config script seems not to be expanded. According to what I could find in the forums, this should be fixed when building a new codeblocks from svn.
So I downloaded the sources from svn en executed ./bootstrap. This gave me the following:

You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/pilot-link.m4:1: warning: underquoted definition of AC_PILOT_LINK_HOOK
/usr/share/aclocal/lib3ds.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LIB3DS
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
src/plugins/astyle/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'

I tried both with and without the addition of the content of libtool.m4 to aclocal.m4 but both situations dit not work.
when just neglecting those messages (as mentioned somewhere in the forum as well), doing ./configure and a make, quite some things do compile but I get the following error:

libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../..//libstdc++.la' seems to be moved
g++ -shared -nostdlib /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../../crti.o /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/crtbeginS.o  .libs/annoyingdialog.o .libs/autodetectcompilers.o .libs/base64.o .libs/cbexception.o .libs/cbeditor.o .libs/cbeditorprintout.o .libs/cbplugin.o .libs/cbproject.o .libs/cbthreadpool.o .libs/cbworkspace.o .libs/compileoptionsbase.o .libs/compiler.o .libs/compilerfactory.o .libs/compileroptions.o .libs/compiletargetbase.o .libs/configmanager.o .libs/configmanager-revision.o .libs/configurationpanel.o .libs/configuretoolsdlg.o .libs/confirmreplacedlg.o .libs/crc32.o .libs/devcpploader.o .libs/editarrayfiledlg.o .libs/editarrayorderdlg.o .libs/editarraystringdlg.o .libs/editkeywordsdlg.o .libs/editorbase.o .libs/editorcolorset.o .libs/editorconfigurationdlg.o .libs/editorlexerloader.o .libs/editormanager.o .libs/editpairdlg.o .libs/editpathdlg.o .libs/edittooldlg.o .libs/externaldepsdlg.o .libs/filegroupsandmasks.o .libs/finddlg.o .libs/globals.o .libs/importers_globals.o .libs/incrementalselectlistdlg.o .libs/macrosmanager.o .libs/managedthread.o .libs/manager.o .libs/menuitemsmanager.o .libs/messagelog.o .libs/messagemanager.o .libs/msvc7loader.o .libs/msvc7workspaceloader.o .libs/msvcloader.o .libs/msvcworkspacebase.o .libs/msvcworkspaceloader.o .libs/multiselectdlg.o .libs/newfromtemplatedlg.o .libs/personalitymanager.o .libs/pipedprocess.o .libs/pluginmanager.o .libs/pluginsconfigurationdlg.o .libs/printing_types.o .libs/projectbuildtarget.o .libs/projectdepsdlg.o .libs/projectfile.o .libs/projectfileoptionsdlg.o .libs/projectlayoutloader.o .libs/projectloader.o .libs/projectmanager.o .libs/projectoptionsdlg.o .libs/projectsfilemasksdlg.o .libs/projecttemplateloader.o .libs/replacedlg.o .libs/scriptingmanager.o .libs/sdk_events.o .libs/searchresultslog.o .libs/selecttargetdlg.o .libs/settings.o .libs/simplelistlog.o .libs/simpletextlog.o .libs/templatemanager.o .libs/toolsmanager.o .libs/uservarmanager.o .libs/workspaceloader.o .libs/xtra_classes.o .libs/xtra_res.o -Wl,--whole-archive as/.libs/libangelscript.a tinyxml/.libs/libtinyxml.a wxFlatNotebook/.libs/libwxflatnotebook.a propgrid/.libs/libpropgrid.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive  -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/home/sjaak/Projects/CodeBlocks -Wl,--rpath -Wl,SVN/trunk/src/sdk/wxscintilla/.libs -L/usr/X11R6/lib wxscintilla/.libs/libwxscintilla.so -L/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../../ -lpthread -ldl -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.6 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.6 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.6 -lwx_baseu_net-2.6 -lwx_baseu-2.6 -L/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2 -L/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../../../i586-suse-linux/lib -L/usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../.. /usr/lib/libstdc++.so -lm -lc -lgcc_s /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/crtendS.o /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.0.2/../../../crtn.o  -pthread -pthread -Wl,-soname -Wl,libcodeblocks.so.0 -o .libs/libcodeblocks.so.0.0.1
(cd .libs && rm -f libcodeblocks.so.0 && ln -s libcodeblocks.so.0.0.1 libcodeblocks.so.0)
(cd .libs && rm -f libcodeblocks.so && ln -s libcodeblocks.so.0.0.1 libcodeblocks.so)
creating libcodeblocks.la
/usr/bin/sed: can't read SVN/trunk/src/sdk/wxscintilla/libwxscintilla.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `SVN/trunk/src/sdk/wxscintilla/libwxscintilla.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[4]: *** [libcodeblocks.la] Fout 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/sjaak/Projects/CodeBlocks SVN/trunk/src/sdk'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Fout 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/sjaak/Projects/CodeBlocks SVN/trunk/src/sdk'
make[2]: *** [all] Fout 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sjaak/Projects/CodeBlocks SVN/trunk/src/sdk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fout 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sjaak/Projects/CodeBlocks SVN/trunk/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Fout 1

and indeed libwxscintilla.la is not around.
I am probably doing something completely wrong but can anyone tell me what I do wrong?

Thanks!

Offline ASJ

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: problems compiling svn version in Suse10
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 08:30:27 pm »
I found the problem: there was something wrong with the arguments to wx-config. Sorry to have bothered all of you...

By the way, will any (in my case a codeblocks from 2006-11-04) do to use the .cbp to build a new codeblocks version? or is a newer svn build required?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: problems compiling svn version in Suse10
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:55:04 pm »
codeblocks-unix.cbp can be compiled only with the SVN version...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...