User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

Building Dynamic Library

<< < (2/3) > >>

BlueHazzard:
Also, does the file "bin\Release\example_mic_dyn.dll.manifest" exists? If not you have your answer....

sodev:
Where do these paths come from? I'm using the following Postcommand to embed the manifest into an exe:

--- Code: ---mt.exe -manifest $exe_output.manifest -outputresource:$exe_output;1
--- End code ---

I don't know what working directory CodeBlocks sets for the Postcommands, my output directory is the one with the project file and the macros evaluate to current directory in my case.

lbertolotti:

--- Quote ---what if you call this
Code:

mt.exe /nologo /manifest "bin\Release\example_mic_dyn.dll.manifest" /outputresource:"bin\Release\example_mic_dyn.dll";2

from a command line inside your project folder?
--- End quote ---

How am I supposed to do that? I have 3 mt.exe in Windows Kits: an arm64, x64 and a x86 version. And no, there's no "bin\Release\example_mic_dyn.dll.manifest", but that doesn't explains why the file was not generated. Also, this is the standard dll project in Code::Blocks.

BlueHazzard:

--- Quote ---Where do these paths come from?
--- End quote ---
they are coming from your input

--- Quote ---mt.exe -manifest $exe_output.manifest -outputresource:$exe_output;1
--- End quote ---

--- Code: ---$exe_output
--- End code ---
is expanded to this path.
This is a advanced compiler variable so you are messing with the advanced compiler settings? (Settings->Compiler->Global compiler settings->Other settings->Advanced options)

you have probably to set it like this

--- Code: ---mt.exe -manifest $exe_name.manifest -outputresource:$exe_output;1
--- End code ---
and put your manifest file in the root project folder with the name "example_mic_dyn.manifest"

I have no idea what a manifest file does, and how the naming convention are... I am only guessing on the things you say, and you don't give many information...

Can you not use a post build step for this? So you could use normal variable expansion: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Variable_expansion
so in the post build steps you have something like

--- Code: ---mt.exe -manifest $exe_output.manifest -outputresource:$exe_output;1
--- End code ---

BlueHazzard:

--- Quote ---And no, there's no "bin\Release\example_mic_dyn.dll.manifest", but that doesn't explains why the file was not generated.
--- End quote ---

They are not auto generated. You have to make them by your own...

--- Quote ---How am I supposed to do that? I have 3 mt.exe in Windows Kits: an arm64, x64 and a x86 version.
--- End quote ---
Obviously you use the application for your target architecture...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version