Author Topic: Patch to CB Plugin Wizard.  (Read 26854 times)

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Patch to CB Plugin Wizard.
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2017, 01:54:10 pm »
I'm not sure what problem you have in mind.
I want to create a plugin for msw and unix. So i start on the msw system and create a project with the wizard. Now i have to bring this to the unix system. The current way is either to
1) Create a plugin with the same name, and parameter and copy the project file to the msw project
2) Copy a project file from a other plugin and modify it until it fits the project
3) Copy the msw project file and modify it until it is usable under linux

All this ways are not ideal. And if we work on the plugin script i would at least to try it to fix this issue. I know there are 1000 other parts to work on, but lets finish one thing an make it usable for the end user....

I think, with the current implementation of the script binding it is not possible to read a project file and extract all needed information (name of the project, name of the output files) to create a project by using a base project from a other platform. But to make things a bit easier we could simply add a option, that does not generate any source files, just the empty project with all the needed compiler and linker flags and paths. This is quite easy to implement and i think it helps a lot, if we put a bit of documentation in it. (i know... no one reads the documentation). The only needed options are the name of the plugin and the wxVersion. All other steps can be skiped (like the kind of the plugin, or the name of the author and so on)

So the final steps would look like this:
1) Create a plugin project on msw
2) Copy the plugin project to the unix system
3) Create a empty unix plugin project in the same folder as the msw project. The wizard will only ask for the plugin name and wx version...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 08:20:55 pm »
I don't think this is a good idea.
We can try to implement the File -> New -> Target (which calls the SetupTarget function) and this might be a bit better.
The other option is to just create all targets for both windows and linux in on go...
The problems is that we will always have a target named "default".
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 08:34:15 pm »
All changes have been committed. If you do further changes please rebase you branch on master/trunk and provide patches against that branch.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]