Author Topic: Arduino wizard / Copy past function  (Read 3470 times)

mike@avr

Arduino wizard / Copy past function
« on: April 28, 2017, 05:11:06 am »
Hello to all,
I have two questions, I'm a bit confused about. I have also searched in Internet (google) and made some own testes. But no good result at all.
May some one can advice me on it.
1.) It's may easy for you: It is the copy and paste function in codeblocks. I have seen on top with the Icons, this work well. But normally I use right mouse or key shorts. Unfortunately I can not dig out how this work in codeblocks. Any advice will be nice.

2.) I'm not sure this is out of topic here. It concern to the Arduino wizard. Yes, I know it is a hassle and may not professional at all. Unfortunately in the past I have many code written on it. Because I need some in quick with some finish hardware. But I was not realizing to get more problems in future.
So in the future I will write any way my one lib code.
The basic code work well and also compile.
But here are now the problem it will not compile if I use the Serial.Print(xxx);. The compiler complain NOT DEFINED REFERENCE.
If I look to the compiler log I can not see any unusual. Even that sample compile under arduino IDE and also external with a make file I found and modify.
So if you have  any advice, I appreciative.
Attached I did that sample and photo from log.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Arduino wizard / Copy past function
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 10:07:36 pm »
1.) It's may easy for you: It is the copy and paste function in codeblocks. I have seen on top with the Icons, this work well. But normally I use right mouse or key shorts. Unfortunately I can not dig out how this work in codeblocks. Any advice will be nice.
Right click->Edit->Copy ? I know it is cumbersome, but i honestly don't know anyone who uses the mouse to c&p

2.) I'm not sure this is out of topic here. It concern to the Arduino wizard. Yes, I know it is a hassle and may not professional at all. Unfortunately in the past I have many code written on it. Because I need some in quick with some finish hardware. But I was not realizing to get more problems in future.
So in the future I will write any way my one lib code.
The basic code work well and also compile.
But here are now the problem it will not compile if I use the Serial.Print(xxx);. The compiler complain NOT DEFINED REFERENCE.
If I look to the compiler log I can not see any unusual. Even that sample compile under arduino IDE and also external with a make file I found and modify.
So if you have  any advice, I appreciative.
Attached I did that sample and photo from log.
You probably have to add the library to the linker options... I dont know how this works with arduino. The simplest solution would be to add the Serial.cpp and serial.h files from the arduino source code to your project.

greetings