Author Topic: wxWidget with codeblocks problem  (Read 49656 times)

Offline sodev

• Regular
Re: wxWidget with codeblocks problem
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 05:22:38 pm »
Everyone here thinks too complicated, i think the solution for the problem is quite simple. Lets recap the facts. As you can see from post #6 his wxWidgets library was not build, only some support libraries. From my experience this might be because the default settings of the makefile dont work for the compiler or some settings in setup.h are not matching and he didnt supply extra parameters to the makefile. Or he even forgot to create the setup.h file from the setup0.h file. But thats not important, he doesnt care about not having a wxWidgets library nor to supply us the error messages from that annoying command line stuff, all he cares about are the error messages from CodeBlocks.

You dont need to use that wizard to create a wxWidgets application! In fact i have never used that for my numerous wxWidgets projects because i thought its horrible outdated and always configured my projects manually (well ok, actually i use PreMake to generate all projects because otherwise i couldnt keep that many projects updated without spending all my life for only that ;D).

So here is a step by step solution for your problem:
  • create a new empty project
  • add as many empty c++ header files you need
  • add as many empty c++ source files you need
  • optionally configure the properties of the project according to the wiki and other documentation to use your not present wxWidgets library
  • fill the empty files with your code
  • hit the compile button and ignore all those annoying command line stuff error messages
  • no more CodeBlocks error messages!

Awesome, coding was never so much fun using your working style!

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 05:33:36 pm »
Everyone here thinks too complicated, i think the solution for the problem is quite simple. Lets recap the facts. As you can see from post #6 his wxWidgets library was not build, only some support libraries. From my experience this might be because the default settings of the makefile dont work for the compiler or some settings in setup.h are not matching and he didnt supply extra parameters to the makefile. Or he even forgot to create the setup.h file from the setup0.h file. But thats not important, he doesnt care about not having a wxWidgets library nor to supply us the error messages from that annoying command line stuff, all he cares about are the error messages from CodeBlocks.

You dont need to use that wizard to create a wxWidgets application! In fact i have never used that for my numerous wxWidgets projects because i thought its horrible outdated and always configured my projects manually (well ok, actually i use PreMake to generate all projects because otherwise i couldnt keep that many projects updated without spending all my life for only that ;D).

• optionally configure the properties of the project according to the wiki and other documentation to use your not present wxWidgets library
  • hit the compile button and ignore all those annoying command line stuff error messages

There are about 1000 or even more lines produced by the comandline, so should I post tham all? An other thing, I am using bat file to make life easier, so after it finished the comandline closes.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:35:24 pm by gtafan »

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 05:39:54 pm »

There are about 1000 or even more lines produced by the comandline, so should I post tham all? An other thing, I am using bat file to make life easier, so after it finished the comandline closes.

NO YOU SHOULD NOT POST THEM HERE; Can you read the rules and follow them.
Or are you too much of a troll to believe the rules apply to you!!!

Edit: You are the worst Troll I have ever tried to help!!!
Go do your trolling at the wxWidgets forum!!

Tim S.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:42:23 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 05:47:37 pm »

NO YOU SHOULD NOT POST THEM HERE; Can you read the rules and follow them.
Or are you too much of a troll to believe the rules apply to you!!!

Edit: You are the worst Troll I have ever tried to help!!!
Go do your trolling at the wxWidgets forum!!

Tim S.
Calling me a troll wasn´t helpfull, however we both have comunication problem, it´s really hard for me to understand what you asking and you seems to have the same problem.

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 06:06:15 pm »
To the OPT (Original Posting Troll)

You NEED to read and follow the rules!!! http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9996.0.html

You NEED to learn how to ask a smart Question! http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You NEED to learn to tell the truth!!

You lied about building on the command line!!!

Using a batch file is NOT building on the command line.

YOU NEED TO POST THE ERROR you are getting on the wxWidgets forum.

And, you need to stop wasting everyone's time on this website.

Go way Troll.

Tim S.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 06:12:15 pm by stahta01 »
--

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 06:46:50 pm »

You NEED to read and follow the rules!!! http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,9996.0.html

You NEED to learn how to ask a smart Question! http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Go way Troll.

Tim S.
Tim please calm down.
There is no need to be so aggressive.
Just ignore this thread (and similar).

It's okay to tell the posters to follow the rules, but please stop to be offending in any case.

Why can't you believe, that not everybody in  the world speaks (reads,writes) english as good as native speakers.

Did you ever try to communicate with the help of web-translators, especially if you (try to) talk about stuff not so well know by the translation engine ?

I did and it can be really funny (or annoying).

Whatsoever, please be less aggressive in the future, or you might get banned for a while.

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
--

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2017, 07:52:43 pm »
The following post, "Re: wxWidget with codeblocks problem" by jens has been reported by stahta01 on a board you moderate:

The topic: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=21840.msg148728#msg148728
Moderation center: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?action=moderate;area=reports;report=20

The reporter has made the following comment:
I asked that this thread be locked You all ignored me; I will now ignore you!

Tim why do you communicate this way ?
Do you really think this is the correct way ?
If you would be honest to yourself, you would see, that many of your posts sound unnecessary agressive.

And if you feel ignored, because a topic does not get closed, because you want it, it's your problem.
As I wrote before: just ignore such threads.

Your help is really appreciated, but if you can't help, because the OP does not give the information you need, just leave the thread (with or without a comment).

Being offending and aggressive violates the rules in almost all forums as well as some questions do here.
But again, this forum has moderators and administrators and it's "their job" to lock threads or ban users.
And until now it has worked quite well, as far as I know.

At the moment you waste my time for nothing.

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2017, 04:36:08 pm »

Go way Troll.

Tim S.
Tim please calm down.
There is no need to be so aggressive.
Just ignore this thread (and similar).

It's okay to tell the posters to follow the rules, but please stop to be offending in any case.

Why can't you believe, that not everybody in  the world speaks (reads,writes) english as good as native speakers.

Did you ever try to communicate with the help of web-translators, especially if you (try to) talk about stuff not so well know by the translation engine ?

I did and it can be really funny (or annoying).

Whatsoever, please be less aggressive in the future, or you might get banned for a while.
Thanks, have already apolgies, was really not my goal to troll somebody here. At least somebody understands how hard is to comunicate in a language that´s not yours.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 12:48:58 am »
Thanks, have already apolgies, was really not my goal to troll somebody here. At least somebody understands how hard is to comunicate in a language that´s not yours.
Honestly? tim wanted to know your filenames and you refuse since x posts to give them. And we told you 10 times that in the post you showed the files there are some missing.

If you still have the problem: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,21867.0.html
if this does not help, answer the questions (filenames, error messages...) otherwise i will, like tim, refuse to help you (because i can't help you without information from your side)...

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 11:48:31 am »
If you still have the problem: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,21867.0.html

BlueHazzard, there is a typo in your comprehensive guide that should be edited in order to avoid future problems: -fno-keep-inlline-dllex should be -fno-keep-inlline-dllexport

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2017, 12:52:08 pm »
fixed it, but this should go to the wiki...

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2017, 01:37:58 pm »
Honestly? tim wanted to know your filenames and you refuse since x posts to give them. And we told you 10 times that in the post you showed the files there are some missing.

if this does not help, answer the questions (filenames, error messages...) otherwise i will, like tim, refuse to help you (because i can't help you without information from your side)...
Which filenames? I have posted all filenames generated after building in post #6. If he meaned other filenemes, I asked him which ones, but instead of answering that he called me a troll.
I have to stres out once again, that I have problems with the US language and I also never had to build anithing on comandline, so not familiar with that stuff. For me personal there is no much diference between comandline and bat file, as bat file is just a tool making worcking with comandline easier.
However that CXXFLAGS="-fno-keep-inlline-dllexport -std=gnu++11" was not in the wiki I read, the exact comandline from that wiki you can see in post #2. So will se if adding that stuff to that comandline will solve the problem.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:42:14 pm by gtafan »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2017, 03:04:45 pm »
Ok, one last time:
In post #6:
Here the path:

but it can´t be the problem, because wrong path would show an error mesage just after this dialog.
My options look like that:

Just for fun have tried all posible combinations, but always got exactlly the same error.

The lib folder looks like that:
and the gcc_lib:

Posibly some .a files are mising?
you posted a image with the files:
Code
libwxexpat.a
libwxjpeg.a
libwxpng.a
libwxregexu.a
libwxsintilla.a
libwxtiff.a
libwxzlib.a
Now we told you like 1000 times that your wxWidgets build failed and for this you are missing some libraries:
There are two missing libraries, libwxmsw30u.a and libwxmsw30u_gl.a.

You should call again the compilation command and look for compilation errors (one frequent error with monolithic builds is related to memory starvation in ld).
after this nothing productive happened... You whined about how complicated all this is, we whined how you can not simply post the error messages you get. After this we thought you have successfully build wxWidgets and so we asked if you can post the filenames again, but you told us that you have posted them in #6 and we told you that this is not the case and so on and so on... BlaBlaBlaBla...

Simply follow the steps from the other link and if you hit a error post a screenshot of the error here....

Offline gtafan

• Almost regular
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2017, 01:26:35 pm »
Problem solved, it was all because of wrong comandline, the corect one is:

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release MONOLITHIC=1 UNICODE=1 SHARED=0 CXXFLAGS="-std=gnu++11 -fno-keep-inline-dllexport"