Author Topic: CodeBlocks not jumping to error line  (Read 5421 times)

Offline Lysium

• Single posting newcomer
CodeBlocks not jumping to error line
« on: February 22, 2017, 04:47:16 pm »
Hello everyone,
First of all, I would not call myself an expert in everything programming-related, I am still in a very long learning process, but I usually ask for help for more complicated matters than this one. There is a strange Code::Blocks behavior that I can't seem to revert and is causing me troubles. I looked on the internet before coming here and it doesn't seem like anyone else could fix it so I am trying here on this forum.
The issue is this: when I compile and an error is detected, Code::Blocks does not automatically jump to the error line, nor does it show a little stop sign icon aside of it. It still signals to me the guilty code line in the Build Log, but double-clicking on it doesn't jump to the error line. It sounds really stupid and simple and I apologise, but I don't recall ever going into the options to change anything IDE-related and if this is the result of me hitting a shortcut, I can't revert it.
Any help will be appreciated,
Thank you for your time,
Lysium

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
Re: CodeBlocks not jumping to error line
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 06:10:15 pm »
Hi,

What version of Code::Blocks ?
What is your compiler ? This feature only works correctly if the compiler outputs errors in the correct format so that it can parse it.

Yves
Clang based code completion for Code::Blocks:   http://github.com/yvesdm3000/ClangLib

Offline Lysium

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:19:18 pm »
Hello;
I think it's Code::Blocks version 13.12 as displayed in the loading splash screen.
The compiler is the default one (or I think it's this one, I did not modify anything), the GNU GCC compiler.
Lysium

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 09:49:10 pm »
13.12 is 4 years old so for the first i would recommend to update at least to 16.XX

what operating system are you using? Maybe your compiler got a update?

Offline Lysium

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 11:49:56 am »
I did not update it since it's a problem for me to re-link the API I am using because I don't understand what I am doing, frankly speaking.
However I am sure updating Code::Blocks will solve the problem, so I guess that is what I will do in the end.
The OS is Windows 8.1.
Thanks for your help,
Lysium.