Author Topic: Why is there no turkish language support on the forum?  (Read 23806 times)

turkmvc

Why is there no turkish language support on the forum?
« on: February 10, 2017, 09:44:54 am »
Good day please add your english language support
To your forum system
It would be better if the language of the users

Offline slowlearningtom

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Why is there no turkish language support on the forum?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 05:01:26 pm »
Hi,

Welcome to the forum!  If your question is about needing to read in Turkish, I think that it is thusly:  The general "international" Internet language is English.  Many online translation browser add-ons (and services) are available.  One such example is Google Translate:  addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/google-translator-for-firefox/

Offline normann

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:16:54 am »
The general "international" Internet language is English.
Who said that? Internet has no owner, therefore there is nobody who would define that. Internet is INTERnet. Your own location, where you live and communicate in your own language, is not overall world. You have no rights to demand or force the others to speak in your own language. If you want, you can create forum with name like www.nazi.codeblocks.us and communicate there in the "right" language.

turkmvc, +1
turkmvc, let the Lord bless your unique original language!

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:05:00 pm by normann »

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:48:03 am »
Way to fly off the handle, normann.  Even if it can't be substantiated that English is an official language for the Internet overall, at the very least is a very common secondary language in many countries.  When I was in school, English and French were considered the dominant global languages due to the number of countries in which they were the dominant or official language.

Some forums require that everybody post in a specific language so that it can be effectively moderated.  Some countries are extremely demanding about how quickly complaints about posts that offend certain laws are handled, and that requires that the posts can be understood by the moderators.  Ultimately, I wonder how many of the developers and users that frequent the forum can read in multiple non-programming languages, let alone Turkish?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 01:03:14 am »
Who said that? Internet has no owner, therefore there is nobody who would define that. Internet is INTERnet.
The internet has no owner, but this forum has and the owner dictates the rules. If you don't like them, then don't participate, you're not forced to.
You're free to create a forum in your native language and try to create a community around it.

You have no rights to demand or force the others to speak in your own language. If you want, you can create forum with name like www.nazi.codeblocks.us and communicate there in the "right" language.
So, you're telling us that we cannot dictate the rules how people will use or communicate on our site?
Is it OK to come to your home and start doing things you don't like or you don't allow me doing?

Please apply some common sense...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]