Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

hello word plugin install in codeblocks problem

<< < (2/3) > >>

stahta01:

--- Quote from: anandamu16 on February 08, 2017, 07:01:10 am ---
But I have some questions, If someone can answer:

2- In codeblocks svn source code, we have 2 files: One is "codeblocks.cbp" and other is "codeblocks.workspace". So If I want to build my separate version of codeblocks, I need to build only "codeblocks.cbp" or "codeblocks.workspace" also? and whats the difference in building both?

- Anand A.

--- End quote ---

The codeblocks.workspace builds the contrib plugins and likely builds the core plugins.
While "codeblocks.cbp" builds only the core plugins.

Tim S.

anandamu16:
okey thanks.

Can you help to clear my doubt on plugin?

--- Quote ---But I have some questions, If someone can answer:
1- Is it so, that if I want to build plugins for codeblocks. First I need to build codeblocks sdk to get Codeblocks.exe and then generate plugin through that codeblocks.exe only and then only those plugins can be successfully installed into this IDE. I mean to ask, if I download a Default codeblocks binary, Install it, Create a plugin and install it in the same IDE... is that possible?

--- End quote ---

BlueHazzard:
The important things are that the compiler version of the codeblocks.exe, codeblocks.dll, wxWidgets.dll and your plugin dll are the same. This is because we use C++ as binding and for this the ABI has to be the same. This is "only" the case with the same compilers.

So the best ways to develop plugins is to compile codeblocks on your system and develop with this system. And for this (according to my opinion) the best way to distribute plugins is as source code.

IF you want to distribute your plugin as binary it would be the best to use the same compiler as the nightlys are build. You can look into this thread to get the information but probably it is some tdm gcc mingw

stahta01:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on February 08, 2017, 02:51:15 pm ---IF you want to distribute your plugin as binary it would be the best to use the same compiler as the nightlys are build. You can look into this thread to get the information but probably it is some tdm gcc mingw

--- End quote ---

From http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,3299.0.html

--- Quote ---15) all is now build with TDM-GCC 5.1.0, wxWidgets 2.8.12 (11 April 2016)
Therefor it is advised to also redownload the mingwm dll and the wx dll. Since these have also been rebuild with the TDM GCC 5.1.0 compiler (sjlj flavor).
--- End quote ---

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Linking_the_plugin_to_a_Nightly_Build

Tim S.

anandamu16:
Thanks BlueHazzard for the help. I guess, I must use same compiler version everywhere.
Thanks Tim, for guiding. Anyway, I have followed that link a,ready but still I was not able to install my plugin in default codeblocks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version