Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

[Proposal] Move the custom variables WX_SUFFIX... to global variables

<< < (3/6) > >>

ollydbg:
After reading your discussion, I think having C::B IDE's global variables is good enough.
We have already cbp files for 2.8, 3.0 version of C::B under Windows, but I'm currently using wx 3.1, so I have to maintain a patch which should rebase every time when I have to synchronized with the official svn/git.

For wx library, I think $(#WX)  is enough, and we can have all the sub fields like WX.VERSION or similar things.
For cb, we should have CB.RELEASE_TYPE or other fields under CB.

That way, we can have only one cbp files. :)

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on March 02, 2017, 04:15:27 pm ---That way, we can have only one cbp files. :)

--- End quote ---
We cannot, because the set of files differs between wx2.8 and wx3.0. We need a way to conditionally include files and if we implement this we'll get to the cmake level of complexity.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 02, 2017, 09:02:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: ollydbg on March 02, 2017, 04:15:27 pm ---That way, we can have only one cbp files. :)

--- End quote ---
We cannot, because the set of files differs between wx2.8 and wx3.0. We need a way to conditionally include files and if we implement this we'll get to the cmake level of complexity.

--- End quote ---
OK, so let's have two cpbs, one for wx2.8 and the other for wx3.0.

BlueHazzard:
Ok, i would like to dig up this Topic again.

Here is a patch for the wx30 project files. With this patch it is easy to switch between wx versions and configurations...

Simply set the global variables for

--- Code: ---wx30.suffix = u
wx30.version = 30
--- End code ---

and you have the old behavior. If you want to try wx31, simply set

--- Code: ---wx30.version = 31
--- End code ---
and recompile. This will affect the whole codeblocks workspace.
want to debug things? Set

--- Code: ---wx30.suffix = ud
--- End code ---
recompile and you have the right configuration for the whole workspace.

A other upside is that you do not change the project file, so you don't have any changes in the CVS if you want to use the debug configuration...

This is windows only!

oBFusCATed:
What happens when these variables are empty?
How do you know what to put in there for initial values if you're new users and just starting?

Global variables are powerful, but quite confusing feature...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version