Author Topic: Hello world plugin example Codeblocks, error of execution. Need help  (Read 11494 times)

Offline aindrajaya

• Multiple posting newcomer
I just try to build a Hello world plugin example, but I found an error when I try to build it.

-------------- Build: default in coba (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Target is up to date.
Running target post-build steps
zip -j9 coba.zip manifest.xml
Execution of 'zip -j9 coba.zip manifest.xml' in 'C:\Users\aindrajaya\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks\share\coba' failed.

anyone can help me, how to fix it ?  :-\
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 04:57:52 am by aindrajaya »

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
Re: Hello world plugin example Codeblocks, error of execution. Need help
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 08:22:51 am »
Do you have the 'zip' program?

Yves
Clang based code completion for Code::Blocks:   http://github.com/yvesdm3000/ClangLib

Offline aindrajaya

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 08:49:21 am »
Do you have the 'zip' program?

Yves

yes I have zip program, Why ? it can be trouble ?

Offline rlb

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 09:25:07 am »

zip -j9 coba.zip manifest.xml
Execution of 'zip -j9 coba.zip manifest.xml' in 'C:\Users\aindrajaya\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks\share\coba' failed.
That's not a particularly helpful error message - it doesn't tell you what went wrong, only that something did.

What happens if you execute that command by hand? Does it tell you anything more interesting? Then try another zip command - any random one not involving your project - and see if that fails as well. Maybe zip does exist on your computer, but hasn't been put in the search path - in that case, I would indeed expect all zip commands to fail with a curt "doesn't exist" message, so maybe that's your problem.
Richard Bos

Offline aindrajaya

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:12:06 pm »
Maybe zip does exist on your computer, but hasn't been put in the search path - in that case, I would indeed expect all zip commands to fail with a curt "doesn't exist" message, so maybe that's your problem. - rlb

how I can decide my zip put in the search path ?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 09:59:56 pm »
You can check if your zip program is in the path by opening the cmd and type zip and hit enter:
Start->type in the search field cmd.exe -> in the black window type zip and press enter
if there is a error message about "not found" your zip program is not in the path...
to add it to the path:
https://www.google.de/#q=add+program+to+path

Offline aindrajaya

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 06:16:27 pm »
Okay Thanks a lot  ;D

Offline anandamu16

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 09:14:59 am »
Hi,

I am also trying to make a helloWorld Plugin. But on compiling, i am getting errors in files wx/buffer.h and wx/strings.h
Please help, i am a newbie in this field.

Note: I am using codeblocks 16.01, wxwidget2.8.12(UNICODE=1, MONOLITHIC=1, SHARED=1) configuration. I have also setup the global variables corresponding to cb and wx

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 11:37:14 am »
When you see that strdup is not defined, you have to try looking up what that function does. When you are a bit experienced with C-coding, you'll know that this is a standard C-library function working on normal 8-bit C-strings. But oh wait, wx should be compiled using unicode and it is still using non-unicode functions so you probably have wrong compile options. To find out why, you should look at the failing line and figuring out with what #define the preprocessor thumbled upon the problem. I would guess you are not running the "wx-config" application that is designed to return you the compile options you need to use wxWidgets. When you run "wx-config --cflags" manually you should see what compile-options are set.

It can help if you put the path where the wx-config application lives into the $PATH environment variable and restart codeblocks.

Yves
Clang based code completion for Code::Blocks:   http://github.com/yvesdm3000/ClangLib

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 01:32:26 pm »
@anandamu16
1) don't use an unrelated thread for your problem. This has nothing to do with zip
2) http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

@yvesdm3000
wx-config is not that easy available on windows, so i don't think it is easy to use. You have to remember the correct compiler parameters on your own and put them in the command line

Offline anandamu16

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 07:46:43 am »
anyone can help me, how to fix it ?

I am having the same issue, plz help.
I have WinRAR software for zip file and WinRAR.exe path is also set in PATH Environment variable.
Maybe zip does exist on your computer, but hasn't been put in the search path - in that case, I would indeed expect all zip commands to fail with a curt "doesn't exist" message, so maybe that's your problem
What does this mean? I tried to enter zip in command prompt but it says "command not found" Though I have already set the path for WinRAR.exe in Environment Variable.

Offline anandamu16

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 08:06:14 am »
Solved, Sorry for the dumb question in last post. I realized that 1 need to download zip.exe  from here "http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/MinGW_installation#Development_Tools"

Problem Solved