User forums > Using Code::Blocks

[SOLVED]Multiple instances, ver 16.0.1. Is this feature operative?

<< < (4/6) > >>

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: jens on October 27, 2016, 11:53:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on October 27, 2016, 11:31:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: tilmannreh on October 27, 2016, 10:03:32 pm ---I don't speak for multiple tab rows. I wanted to emphasize "all files of all projects". If more than one project is opened in a single CB instance, it should always show only the files belonging to the currently selected project. Never all files of all projects, several of them equally named.

--- End quote ---
This would be a interesting feature... Can you post it on SF so it wont get lost?

--- End quote ---

I like to have files from different projects in one workspace open side by side.
Such an option should be configurable and off as default, so the current behaviour does not change.

--- End quote ---

I don't see this as good idea. Nor I see how this is useful? If you have two projects in the workspace you'll for sure want to edit files from both projects at the same time. This is how I do it all the time. If I want to find which is the project or where the files is on the hard disk I'm using the tooltip in the notebook.

p.s. for single row tabs it is a limitation in our tab/notebook control we're using, so even if we wanted to add it, we can't without massive modifications to this control.
p.p.s. probably we could try assigning different colors to different projects and use those for the tabs, but this will require some non-portable tab drawing, which I'm not sure we want to do. Probably we could draw some icons...
p.p.p.s another options is to print the name of the project before the filename. Something like project1:main.cpp.

tilmannreh:

--- Quote from: jens on October 27, 2016, 11:53:10 pm ---
--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on October 27, 2016, 11:31:03 pm ---
--- Quote from: tilmannreh on October 27, 2016, 10:03:32 pm ---I don't speak for multiple tab rows. I wanted to emphasize "all files of all projects". If more than one project is opened in a single CB instance, it should always show only the files belonging to the currently selected project. Never all files of all projects, several of them equally named.

--- End quote ---
This would be a interesting feature... Can you post it on SF so it wont get lost?

--- End quote ---
I like to have files from different projects in one workspace open side by side.
Such an option should be configurable and off as default, so the current behaviour does not change.

--- End quote ---

OK, making this configurable surely is a good idea.
Do we still need to post this suggestion elsewhere, or did you already note it on some improvement suggestion list?

Thanks, Tilmann

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: tilmannreh on October 28, 2016, 08:15:19 am ---Do we still need to post this suggestion elsewhere, or did you already note it on some improvement suggestion list?

--- End quote ---

It is only in the forum at the moment of time. To make it a feature request you need to post it on the tracker on the sf.net page. But then you'll have to find someone willing to implement it.

tilmannreh:
It's not too important for me right now.

I would rather see the bug fixed so that clicking on two project files allows me to open two instances...
Then, at least for me, there's no need to change handling of multiple projects in the same workspace since I don't use it.

BlueHazzard:
i tried to debug this, but was not successful on windows...

Something else:

--- Code: ---#ifdef __WXMSW__
            m_DDE = !parser.Found(_T("no-dde"));
            m_Assocs = !parser.Found(_T("no-check-associations"));
#else
            m_DDE = !parser.Found(_T("no-ipc"));
#endif
--- End code ---
isn't this confusing? On windows the command line parameter is "no-dde" and on unix "no-ipc"... Shouldn't this be interchangeable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version