Author Topic: Cannot find libs ... but they are there...  (Read 25933 times)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Cannot find libs ... but they are there...
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2016, 09:02:45 pm »
I just re-read the thread; if the original bug is in the MS Visual Studio IDE then using the Code::Blocks IDE with the MS Visual Studio Compiler is something to do. But, if the original bug is in MS Visual Studio Compiler then the bug will still exist using the CB IDE.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline msdobrescu

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2016, 06:55:20 am »
OK, you see, I try GCC to see if it compiles. It does. Just linking is the problem now.
All the stuff is compiled by GCC now.
The MSVC++ compiler bug is not yet solved - it is related to some template evaluation I think.
So I can't use it for the moment.
If GCC works, I would use it anyway. It is some kind of experiment.

Now, I have the following linking issue, due to extern "C" variables in a file as defined in the project (worked in msvc++ this way):

Code
.objs\Adobe\sdk\Adobe Illustrator CC_2015.3 SDK\illustratorapi\illustrator\ASMemory.o:ASMemory.cpp:(.rdata$.refptr.sSPBasic[.refptr.sSPBasic]+0x0): undefined reference to `sSPBasic'

The header:

Code
#ifndef __jScriptorSuites_H__
#define __jScriptorSuites_H__

// Basic suites acquired by all plug-ins:
extern "C" SPBasicSuite*                    sSPBasic;

#endif

It is a header, I think it is the issue, should I set something in the project for it and where?

Offline msdobrescu

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2016, 10:24:37 am »
I think I have found the issue. It seems that having files on several paths (not all in the same root) made the MSVC++ project import to C::B a bit messed up.
It did not include all the needed cpp files, although no message was given in the process.