Author Topic: Debugging code Help  (Read 17955 times)

Offline Дмитро

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Debugging code Help
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 02:06:44 pm »
Again. I did not set a breakpoint. I just want to go through the code. Why debugger stops YOURSELF ??? How to avoid this?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 11:23:36 pm »
What is the cause of the stop? There should pop up a yellow window with something wtitten in it, like SIGTRAP or SIGSEGV, this should also be written in the debugger log...

If the cause is SIGSEGV then your program deletes or accesses an invalid pointer at the point where the debugger stoped
if the cause is SIGTRAP: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3475262/what-causes-a-sigtrap-in-a-debug-session http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11790321/gdb-debugging-application-termintes-with-sigtrap ecc..

i did not understand your other posts... Does debugging work now? Where the cyrillic letters/ white spaces the problem?

greetings

Offline Дмитро

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 11:27:37 am »
Thank you!!

Yes, it works well in general. I do see it work!

... But some of the problem is .. The disadvantage of causing a large .. Now write glue and screens.

Before it does, I've seen - a record for an array boundary. Mistakes are the former, I corrected. I quickly saw them and quickly corrected. Debugging is a great help, friendly nice tool!

But now I do not see any errors. The present circumstances.

They have a right good code, properly removed, the code is written correctly!

Stop should not be. No signs, I do not see and do not understand why all of a sudden stops here.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:46:18 am by Дмитро »

Offline Дмитро

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:44:15 pm by Дмитро »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 02:40:15 pm »
you can use this http://stackoverflow.com/a/1691025 in Settings->Debugger->GDB debugger->Default->Debugger initialization commands

greetings

Offline Дмитро

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 09:59:04 pm »
The problem is not solved. I am angry.
I researched the code, writing a text log the address of the new allocation of dynamic memory and delete it.
I opened the program in the debugger debugger ally.
The function is called a large number of times.
Four hours later I explored this strange place, and I was going through a lot in the debuggers, and I was writing additional code to reference a text log.

All is well removed. No problem. The memory is removed well, and there is no problem. Very good.

A program crashes badly. And it falls elsewhere. Some kind of unknown cause problems falls.
And I can not explore the falls. It would be best in a debugger here kodeblok that would adjust well.
Because I can not press F8 30 * 30 = Over 900 times !!!
What to do? How to solve it?

BlueHazzard :
you can use this http://stackoverflow.com/a/1691025 in Settings->Debugger->GDB debugger->Default->Debugger initialization commands

greetings

----   Thank you! Well it gives us good hope.

What words should I write in this window? What kind of command should I put?

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:10:24 pm by Дмитро »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 11:19:29 pm »
what is posted in the link:
Code
handle SIGTRAP nostop
this will prevent that gdb stops at SIGTRAP

Offline papagym

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 04:51:51 pm »
I hate to point this out, but the code::blocks wiki materials is so outdates none if us new CB users can figure out how to use the debugger.  I've read it a halve dozen times and it doesn't make much sense. It shows really old dialog box material in there, that doesn't pertain to or look like CB 13.12 or 16.01 for that matter.

Amntpo... try setting the settting using the FILE MENU ==>Project==>Build Options.  I think they are trying to point this out to you.
Good luck!

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 10:46:58 pm »
I hate to point this out, but the code::blocks wiki materials is so outdates none if us new CB users can figure out how to use the debugger.  I've read it a halve dozen times and it doesn't make much sense. It shows really old dialog box material in there, that doesn't pertain to or look like CB 13.12 or 16.01 for that matter.
You can help to improve it. Every help (especially at the wiki) is welcome. I think the forum login is also the wiki login. (what page is outdated, can you please post the link? )

Amntpo... try setting the settting using the FILE MENU ==>Project==>Build Options.  I think they are trying to point this out to you.
Good luck!
NO! The settings i mentioned are for the debugger (Settings-->Debugger-->GDB debugger-->Default-->Debugger initialization commands) !! Build options have nothing to do with the debugger!!!
You can enter the
Code
handle SIGTRAP nostop
also in the gdb command line: During debugging select the "Debugger" tab and enter "handle SIGTRAP nostop" in the "Command" field at the bottom and press enter

greetings