Author Topic: Getting rid of Debug and Release flags?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Immortan joe

• Single posting newcomer
Getting rid of Debug and Release flags?
« on: June 20, 2016, 08:33:31 am »
Hi there. I've run into a bit of a problem. I'm setting up Code::Blocks so I can work with Makefile based projects for crosscompiling to RISC OS via GCCSDK. It's not really necessary, but it's my favourite IDE so why not?
I have one little problem. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Here's where I'm stuck
Code
Running command: ro-make -f Makefile Release
make: *** No rule to make target 'Release'.  Stop.

Same thing with Debug except of course it says Debug. I just want to get rid of the Debug / Release flags so I can finish setting it up properly but I can't find how to do it!

I've made a compiler profile for GCCSDK, and I think I have everything more or less right but I can't get any further.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Getting rid of Debug and Release flags?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 09:50:49 am »
Project -> Build options -> <target> -> "Make" commands -> remove the $target variable from the commands
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 06:44:04 pm »
Project -> Build options -> <target> -> "Make" commands -> remove the $target variable from the commands
Or rename the existing targets, so you can use existing debug or relase (or other special) targets in the makefile, if there are any.

Offline Immortan joe

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 04:00:36 am »
Removing $target did the trick perfectly, thanks! Now I'm seeing the "right" errors. I did say I was trying to port a program, after all. Except now it's a lot quicker for me to do what has to be done.

I do have a follow up question. I noticed that the Make commands screen was laid out in a tree. The project as the root, and then Debug and Release as leaves. What got me was the project had the make options too, which were independent of Debug and Release. I removed $target from that too, but if it's neither debug or release when is it used?

I don't really have much of an option for debugging so the flags are largely irrelevant. Because I'm cross-compiling I can't run it via the IDE either. It's no big deal.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciated it. I wasn't even sure if I could get GCCSDK to work right with Code::Blocks initially because of the ro-make wrapper for make, and the slightly odd directory tree for the toolchain. But it all seems to work fine.