Author Topic: Faint writing on screen that pops up with Hello World printed in it  (Read 3587 times)

Offline JohnLa

• Single posting newcomer
I am new to Code::Blocks.....I have run the "Hello World" program, However the printing on the screen is somewhat faint and a little difficult to read.....the contrast setting on my computer shows everything else very clearly.......In addition the little black screen is rather small in the miminzed size compared to what I see with a Visual Studio Express screen....is there a way to make it a little larger without using up the whole computer screen.....many thanks, John

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Faint writing on screen that pops up with Hello World printed in it
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 08:17:35 pm »
Are you talking about the cmd.exe window?
Are you using a hidpi monitor?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline JohnLa

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 09:55:38 pm »
Yes I think so....when you run the Hello World program a black window pops up with the Hello World printed in it.....the white printing of Hello World is faint and a little hard to read.....any help is appreciated as I would like to learn some C as well as C++ thanks John

Offline JohnLa

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 09:56:42 pm »
Opps forgot to mention that I am using a Toshiba Laptop with it's display.....John

Offline JohnLa

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 11:15:58 pm »
Problem solved! I found that if I put the cursor in the upper part of the black window and right clicked a drop down menu came up....I choose Properties and from there I was able to change the text color to white and also the font size to 16. Also I dragged the right portion of the screen to make the screen larger and from there everything was fixed.....thank you for trying to assist me....it was very much appreciated.....John