Author Topic: [Solved] Trouble installing a plugin  (Read 4111 times)

Offline marmistrz

• Multiple posting newcomer
[Solved] Trouble installing a plugin
« on: April 04, 2016, 05:23:36 pm »
I cannot live without some Vim mode, so I built cbvike. I created a PKGBUILD for Arch in this case, but for the ones who don't use this distro - the most interesting part is the build() and package() function, which are pretty self-descriptive.

After installing the package I ran C::B and get a report that the plugin libcbVike.so failed to load. On the other hand, there's no trace of cbvike in the application log.

Do you have any idea what happens?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 09:25:03 pm by marmistrz »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Trouble installing a plugin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 05:46:41 pm »
I cannot live without some Vim mode, so I built cbvike. I created a PKGBUILD for Arch in this case, but for the ones who don't use this distro - the most interesting part is the build() and package() function, which are pretty self-descriptive.

After installing the package I ran C::B and get a report that the plugin libcbVike.so failed to load. On the other hand, there's no trace of cbvike in the application log.

Do you have any idea what happens?

The most common reason is a binary build issue; you need to build the Plugin with the same wxWidgets binary as used in the Code::Blocks.
Does it install when you build it using Code::Blocks?

The CB sdk used to make the Plugin can NOT be newer than the SDK inside the Code::Blocks IDE.

I would try to see if you see and problem when running Code::Blocks with the debug log option. Edit1: "--debug-log"
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Code::Blocks_command_line_arguments
I would also run CB from the command line.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:08:52 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline marmistrz

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 06:41:21 pm »
This may be, cmake finds wxWidgets 3.0.2, and codeblocks --debug-log gives:
Code
$ codeblocks --debug-log 
Starting Code::Blocks Release 16.01  rev 10692 Feb  1 2016, 10:34:12 - wx2.8.12 (Linux, unicode) - 64 bit

I have both wxgtk and wxgtk2.8 installed. And I can't remove the former due to the dependencies.
The C::B SDK won't matter, it's always build against the same C::B version as is installed.

I did not try to build in C::B yet. I was already looking at the log in the terminal

Do you know how to force CMake to use wxWidgets2.8?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 07:03:27 pm »
I would remove the wxGTK-dev package for wxWidgets 3.0.2; also, make sure you have the wxGTK-dev package for wxWidgets 2.8.12 installed.

No idea about CMake.

Tim S.

This may be, cmake finds wxWidgets 3.0.2, and codeblocks --debug-log gives:
Code
$ codeblocks --debug-log 
Starting Code::Blocks Release 16.01  rev 10692 Feb  1 2016, 10:34:12 - wx2.8.12 (Linux, unicode) - 64 bit

I have both wxgtk and wxgtk2.8 installed. And I can't remove the former due to the dependencies.
The C::B SDK won't matter, it's always build against the same C::B version as is installed.

I did not try to build in C::B yet. I was already looking at the log in the terminal

Do you know how to force CMake to use wxWidgets2.8?
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline marmistrz

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 08:51:46 pm »
In Arch we don't have -dev packages, all the development files are in the same package as the shared libraries.

I asked about the CMake thing on SO.

Offline marmistrz

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 09:24:52 pm »