Author Topic: Debug process won't terminate- No background process to kill  (Read 4047 times)

on-probation

Debug process won't terminate- No background process to kill
« on: March 25, 2016, 11:23:15 am »
Hello,

I am new to programming and I am currently using Code::Blocks 16.01 (codeblocks-16.01mingw-setup.exe) on Windows 10 Home Edition operating system. I know my code did not have any error because it was the most basic program I have ever created. When I go to the Build menu, all the options besides Abort are grey and I can't choose them. I happen to be in the debugging mode but even pressing Abort won't abort the debugging mode.

Based on some other thread, I realized I should close the previously started command prompt window. There is no output window in the background, I tried pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and checking for background processes. If I go to the Debug menu and click on Start/Continue, I get the following error "The compiler is currently in use. Aborting debugging session..".

This is a very frustrating error and I know this has been covered somewhere but I could not arrive at the solution. The only solution is to close Code::Blocks and reopen it which is a turn off. The same issue keeps popping up after I build and run many programs. Can someone please let me know how of an alternative solution?

Thanks,
on-probation

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Debug process won't terminate- No background process to kill
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 08:53:14 pm »
Do you have a project?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]