Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

New Win98 build (rev 1843)

<< < (3/3)

killerbot:
so it seems we have a conclusion :

For win98, ansi build, compatibility we need to add as import library to the SDK target : libshfolder.a

Nothing more, nothing less.

@Yiannis : could you adjust the codeblocks.cbp file accordingly ??

Many thanks to all who have helped in testing, providing information, ...
Lieven

tiwag:

--- Quote from: killerbot on January 24, 2006, 09:11:45 pm ---so it seems we have a conclusion :

For win98, ansi build, compatibility we need to add as import library to the SDK target : libshfolder.a

Nothing more, nothing less.

@Yiannis : could you adjust the codeblocks.cbp file accordingly ??

Many thanks to all who have helped in testing, providing information, ...
Lieven

--- End quote ---

are there any updates to this info in order to build a recent svn version as ansi build?

in the recent projectfile all the libshfolder.a are included, but i nevertheless get the
missing SHELL32.DLL:SHGetFolderPathA Export when running the Ansi-build on W98.

can any of the ansi-builders please let me know what i've to change else in order to build an ansi CB ?
thx, tiwag

killerbot:
I haven't done an ansi for a long time now, maybe new dependencies are in order now ?

tiwag:
thx killerbot
but i solved the issue already and committed the solution to svn rev 2969 & 2970

the target "src" (CodeBlocks.exe)
was set to link to libshell32.a , which is fine for Win-XP but not for W98

the windoze problem is, that the SHGetFolderPath is exported from different dll's in different windozes
on XP it's exported from shell32.dll and from shfolder.dll
while in W98 it's only exported from shfolder.dll

so if we link always to libshfolder.a as first in the linker libs list, SHGetFolderPath will linked to shfolder.dll

in fact, for the "src" target, we don't even need libshell32.a in the libs list, so i've removed it for now.

but when we once need it again, to be compliant to Win98 ansi builds, it is necessary to
put libshell32.a to the end of the libs list (at least behind libshfolder.a)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version