Author Topic: Document Ctrl-Tab  (Read 4068 times)

Offline pmprog

• Single posting newcomer
Document Ctrl-Tab
« on: March 09, 2016, 08:18:54 pm »
Hi,

I'm sure I've done this before, but can't seem to get it working again.

In Visual Studio, if you have three (or more) documents open, and you press Ctrl-Tab, it takes you to the next one, but if you release the keys and repress Ctrl-Tab, it takes you back to the first document. In Code::Blocks, it just keeps cycling me around all the documents, which is pretty frustrating.

In Settings->Environment->Notebooks Appearance, there's a "Use stack based tab-switching", which really sounds like the tool, however, regardless of whether I check it or not, it still cycles through them all. Is there something I'm missing?

I'm running the version from the Mint/Ubuntu packaged version - Release 13.12 rev 9501 (64bit).

Thanks

Offline tigerbeard

• Almost regular
Re: Document Ctrl-Tab
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 08:24:35 pm »
Hello pmprog,

I am not sure if it helps, but maybe to want to try a different approach. I find the method using Alt-CursorLeft and Alt-CursorRight much better. It shows you all open docs and moves up and down the list. As you say doing it twice it gets you back an forth between the same pages.

For Header-Source I am using F11 which I find even easier, but that was not your question...

Cheers
Tiger

Edit: didn't see its your first post. Welcome to the forum.

Offline pmprog

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 08:53:25 pm »
Thanks.

Alt-CursorLeft/Right doesn't do anything. Plus Ctrl-Tab is in my "muscle memory". I'm sure I've done this in CodeBlocks before (though maybe on a different version).

F11 is a nice option - but that's providing you're only switching from source to header and back.

Offline tigerbeard

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 09:07:37 pm »
Alt-CursorLeft/Right doesn't do anything.
I hat to search my settings a bit. Its a function called browse tracker. You can assign keys to it in Settings/Editor/KeyboardSettings. The command is in View/BrowseTracker/Backward Ed and Forward Ed.
Maybe you can assign your muscle keys as well.
There might be an option to enable the browse tracker somewhere - I am using that a couple of years now and can not remember.

Offline pmprog

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 10:01:48 pm »
Hmmm, I didn't have KeyboardSettings, but I realised I hadn't installed the Contrib Plugins.

Is there a way to disable the popup window with Alt-Left? I think I could probably get used to it

Thanks

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 05:42:30 pm »
Hmmm, I didn't have KeyboardSettings, but I realised I hadn't installed the Contrib Plugins.

Is there a way to disable the popup window with Alt-Left? I think I could probably get used to it

Thanks

The popup should disappear just by releasing the alt key.
By holding the alt key down, you can use the arrow key to choose a specific editor(document).

Specifically, there is no way to disable the popup.

Offline tigerbeard

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 06:45:38 pm »

Usually I use the key combination quite intuitively, so the popup just flashes by and I can hardly see it any more. Whatis the disadvantage you see with this window?

Offline pmprog

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 10:04:28 pm »

Usually I use the key combination quite intuitively, so the popup just flashes by and I can hardly see it any more. Whatis the disadvantage you see with this window?
I have a effect in KDE that darkens all non-active windows, and when the popup flashes up, the whole of CodeBlocks darkens then brightens, it's a bit disconcerting, and I quite like the effect for the rest of the system

Offline tigerbeard

• Almost regular
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 11:11:53 pm »
yup I would also see that as an incompatibilty on that platform. No idea if that feature is used by many people, but maybe some of the CB power users running linux may have an idea about that.