Author Topic: symbol browser issue when CB build against wx3.x  (Read 46263 times)

Offline tigerbeard

• Almost regular
Re: symbol browser issue when CB build against wx3.x
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 08:16:46 pm »
Sorry to revive this rather old thread.

I spent a few hours to look into the code in order to understand the problem. The comments from Ollydbg in October 2018 were quite helpful, thanks for that.

I did not find any bits of the suggested wxTree structure from the wxWidget forum. Have there been any trials on that in 2017? Like the approach did not work for some reason and had to be removed from the code again?

If I understood the design correctly, the NativeParser is a singleton entity for converting all workspace files (or subsets) to tokes. Why would such a thing own a GUI component in the first place? Do the Parsers are called themselfes from threads?
Is there a single manager who handles the GUI framework and all windows/subwindows etc?

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 04:23:20 pm »
I did not find any bits of the suggested wxTree structure from the wxWidget forum. Have there been any trials on that in 2017? Like the approach did not work for some reason and had to be removed from the code again?
See here:Any method to build a big wxTreeCtrl progressively in GUI thread?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline tigerbeard

• Almost regular
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 04:41:42 pm »
See here:Any method to build a big wxTreeCtrl progressively in GUI thread?
Sorry badly phrased. I meant I did not find anything from that suggestion in the CodeBlocks sources.