Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > CodeCompletion redesign

symbol browser issue when CB build against wx3.x

<< < (3/4) > >>

oBFusCATed:
Do you have a tool to do precise profiling (vtune, perf, ms's xperf)?
If you don't have such a tool then you're guessing and you're probably optimizing the wrong thing.

And fixing this is not a simple matter. The whole thing should be extracted and separated, so multiple plugins can use the same class browser.

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 16, 2017, 12:46:42 am ---Do you have a tool to do precise profiling (vtune, perf, ms's xperf)?
If you don't have such a tool then you're guessing and you're probably optimizing the wrong thing.

--- End quote ---
I don't have such tool, I think there's no such tool for mingw , I see a lot of timer in current symbol browser code. Is timer useful?

oBFusCATed:
Not much... timers time what is instrumented... sampling profilers time what is being executed...

yvesdm3000:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 16, 2017, 02:35:29 am ---Not much... timers time what is instrumented... sampling profilers time what is being executed...

--- End quote ---
If you can fill the tree progressively and that way you can get the tree filled using a huge set of symbols without anything crashing or blocking, what do you need a profiler for at this stage? Determining the amount of elements in the batch but that's just finetuning and might even never be optimal for any combination of cpu's and architectures except the one measured.

Yves

oBFusCATed:
Profilers always reveal surprising bottlenecks.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version