Author Topic: Discriminating files with the same name  (Read 7825 times)

Offline Morwenn

• Multiple posting newcomer
Discriminating files with the same name
« on: March 15, 2016, 09:39:59 pm »
I am still not sure where feature requests belong to, sorry if it is still not the place, but nothing likes look a dedicated place to discuss features requests.

I sometimes have several (generally 2) files open with the same name even though they live in different directories. Other code editors solve that elegantly by displaying in the tab text only what it needed to disciminate between several files. For example, let's say we have the files include/barfoo/foo.h and include/foobar/foo.h: many editors would display the name barfoo/foo.h and foobar/foo.h to help disciminate between the two files, and would simply name the remaining tab foo.h when we close one of the tabs.

Would it be possible to have the same thig in Code::Blocks?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Discriminating files with the same name
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:04:38 am »
I am still not sure where feature requests belong to, sorry if it is still not the place, but nothing likes look a dedicated place to discuss features requests.
The tickets section in sf.net is meant for feature requests, too.

Other code editors solve that elegantly by displaying in the tab text only what it needed to disciminate between several files.
Can you list an editor ide that does this?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Morwenn

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 08:19:10 pm »
Ok, I will try to use the tickets next time. If I'm not mistaken, Sublime does that, but I remember seing that in other code editors or IDEs too, even though I don't remember which.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 11:28:01 pm »
Would you post a ticket on sf.net.
I might look into this in the near future (but not now).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]