Author Topic: The 22 January 2006 build is out.  (Read 15519 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 22 January 2006 build is out.
« on: January 22, 2006, 11:27:09 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml
A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.7z
For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

The 22 January 2006 build is out.
  - Windows : http://download.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_22jan2006_rev1836_win32.7z
  - Linux : not supported yet

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed the annoying "path contains to many '..'!" popups with the new NormalizePath function in globals.cpp (only changed codecompletion, other plugins still need to be updated)
  • Fixed the long delay at codecompletion startup (removed extra log calls on startup)
  • Fixed overhead issue with codecompletion when global includes were enabled
  • Updated AngelScript to version 2.5.0a
  • Added folder for new settings dialog images
  • Revamped all configuration dialogs. SDK, main app, core and contrib plugins are up to date
  • Added constants for scripts to find out the platform they run on
  • Added copystring plugin in the contrib plugins workspace
  • Updated autotools build system
  • extension selector icon

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• DDE bug : clicking in windows explorer on a CB registered file throws an error message box
  • toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem)

Offline SamT

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 22 January 2006 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 02:17:13 pm »

I got different behavior on the color of icon in config setting dialog in this build.

- behavior in WinXP, the background color of the icon is OK.
- behavior in Win2K, the background color will be set as black.

build information: Version 1.0 revision 1836 (gcc 3.4.4 Windows/unicode, build: Jan 22 2006 23:08:45)

Anyone has the same issue?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 02:23:54 pm »

I got different behavior on the color of icon in config setting dialog in this build.

- behavior in WinXP, the background color of the icon is OK.

build information: Version 1.0 revision 1836 (gcc 3.4.4 Windows/unicode, build: Jan 22 2006 23:08:45)

Yes that is already reported. and, if I read the other topic well enough, Thomas is working on it.
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 02:24:32 pm »

Yes
This is yet another manifestation of the dreaded lack of alpha-transparancy support on Windows 2000 (and possibly others, but not XP).

boaz

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 02:28:42 pm »
ATL toolbars have the same problems on Win2k with 24 bit color depth. If you use 32 bit its OK. I think 16 bit is OK too, only 24 bit (And win2k)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 02:35:15 pm »
ATL toolbars have the same problems on Win2k with 24 bit color depth. If you use 32 bit its OK. I think 16 bit is OK too, only 24 bit (And win2k)
We are using 32 bits (24 bit colour / 8 bit alpha).
A 24 bpp image does not contain any alpha information (at least not in any standard format). Are you referring to 8 bit paletted with one transparent colour? This is indeed what works fine on Windows 2000. The downside of 8 bit paletted transparency is that it looks crap :(
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

boaz

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 02:53:24 pm »
Sorry I was not clear.
I mean the Windows device settings of your VGA, when using 32bit DIB(s) (Image-Lists in ATL). The same code, (32bit DIB(s)), looks black if the Display Device is set to 24 bit. Are we using Image-lists?

Free Life
Boaz

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
    • http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 03:13:34 pm »
I guess the different sized menu items is known bug?

You can see it clearly in View -> Toolbars & View -> Manager. The height diff between these two is almost double. It's probably a wxWidgets issue.

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 03:27:44 pm »
thomas, since you know the background color of the settings box, you can make all of them non-transparent. :) Keep the original files of course because it might change in the future, but the ones released can be solid colors. :) It'll save space in the dist, too.
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

takeshimiya

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 04:47:12 pm »
thomas, since you know the background color of the settings box, you can make all of them non-transparent. :) Keep the original files of course because it might change in the future, but the ones released can be solid colors. :) It'll save space in the dist, too.

No, here's why:
we can remove transparency alltogether and blend the icons against the background colour.
Hardcoding (blending) to white colour will look ok on Windows 2000, but they will look really horrible in other systems that haves the background colour of the ListBook different. For example, in the (future) wxMac port of C::B. They will look even worse than in w2k.
So neither options are great. Icons with alpha is not easy...

I think that the alpha-icon-problem-on-windows-2000 should be solved from the wxWidgets side this way: When loading a png, it should always dither the alpha channel to the background colour. That means converting icons 32->24 bits in real time (on systems that doesn't support alpha icons, that is).