Author Topic: might be of interrest.  (Read 6959 times)

Offline reckless

• Regular
might be of interrest.
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:42:03 pm »
gcc-4.6.0 was released a short time ago and im changing a few things on my google code site to include two new builds that might be of interrest to C::B developers.

as some users probably know TDM has an x86_64 compiler based on gcc-4.5.2 capable of building both 32 and 64 bit executables, but it has a few downfalls like the need to add -m32 etc. to compiler flags.

it does have its merit if cross developing from one architecture to another but can be a bit annoying for the novice user to remember all the different flags needed if developing for a 32 bit architecture.

so im releasing 2 builds of gcc-4.6.0 one for 32 bit only and one for 64 bit, both using the mingw64 api.

the advantage of the above is that you dont need any special flags (you just point C::B to whatever compiler mingw32/mingw64 you want to use) the downside is you now need two compilers if developing for both architectures.

also bear in mind that on win32 only the mingw32 package will work while on win64 both works, so if youre on win32 but want to develop for win64 then use TDM's x86_64 compiler.

the builds include latest gdb and a few tools like ccache icu gettext and iconv (32 and 64 bit builds).

the two compilers will be availiable shortly.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: might be of interrest.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:52:39 pm »
great work.
You should mention that your site is:
http://code.google.com/p/mingw-wine/updates/list

PS:
did you test building wxWidgets library and Codeblocks under Win32?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:52:06 am »
thank you.

and no havent had time yet i returned yesterday from thailand but i will shortly :).

p.s thanks for mentioning my site address i totally forgot (had no sleep on the trip back heh).

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 04:54:10 am »
thank you.

and no havent had time yet i returned yesterday from thailand but i will shortly :).

p.s thanks for mentioning my site address i totally forgot (had no sleep on the trip back heh).
If you have time, you can test my 32bit edition (http://pcxprj.googlecode.com/files/MinGW_GCC_4.6.20110325_win32_ONLY_FOR_TEST.7z).
The pack contained two directories.
I compiled wxWidgets release mono dll failed by using (Before fix) edition.
I have compiled wxWidgets release mono dll successfully by using (fixed) edition, but the dll size is very large.
Regards,
xunxun

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »
ok the two packages are up now (i had to split them up because the size was a little to big for the 100 mb limit).

tested building wxwidgets + C::B and all ok.

Regards. Reckless

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 04:49:08 pm »
uploading two patched versions of gcc-4.6.0 using modified versions of johns patchset for 4.5.2 to fix wxwidgets compilation and make it relocatable plus a few minor improvements.

should be up soon.

p.s remove /mingw32/lib/gcc or /mingw64/lib/gcc then overwrite the previous mingw with this.

also note that the mingw64 compiler for some reason i havent found out yet cannot bootstrap itself (the error is a bit obscure). but else it works fine.

if someone finds a clue to the collect2 ld error 116 pm me im very interrested in getting it fixed.

Offline reckless

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 12:51:28 am »
took me quite a while to hunt down the bug in 4.6.0 but i found it (typo in cppspec.c)

my patch was accepted by the gcc folks and will be in 4.6.1

ill upload some fixed builds to my site soon.

64 bit build still crashes ld if bootstrapped with a previous gcc-4.6.0 build still hunting that one :( but i cant find any references to collect2 ld error 116 on the web.