Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > CodeCompletion redesign

Codecompletion delays fixed in rev 1826 (update: in rev 1840)

(1/9) > >>

rickg22:
Hi all, I'm glad to announce that the long-time delays introduced in the redesign have been fixed in revision 1826 of Code::Blocks. You can use global includes again :-)

The reparsing with cache issue and the 0.5 second delay still remain, tho.

sethjackson:
Bulding rev 1826 right now......  :D Now I have a long-time delay recompiling the SDK.  :P

Michael:

--- Quote from: rickg22 on January 22, 2006, 02:50:07 am ---Hi all, I'm glad to announce that the long-time delays introduced in the redesign have been fixed in revision 1826 of Code::Blocks. You can use global includes again :-)

--- End quote ---

Great, thanks :D.

Michael

[EDIT] After building C::B rev1828 and try opening C::B project and ContribPlugins.workspace, the speed is at least 30% higher as before. Good job :D.

thomas:
Startup when opening the Code::Blocks project takes 7 seconds with code completion on (about 1 second without). Total parse time is now 17 seconds instead of 40 (almost as fast as it used to be). Saving files is instantaneous.

I found two bugs regarding parsing/reparsing:
1. If you change options, you're prompted whether you want to reparse. If you change options again before that reparsing is done, and you answer "yes" another time, Code::Blocks freezes up. Mutex maybe?

2. If you change options and say "yes" to reparse, Code::Blocks will crash on exit if you close the window before the reparse is finished. Funnily, you can otherwise close the window at any time, even if the parse at startup has not finished. The crash only occurs while reparsing.

rickg22:
I haven't fixed those bugs yet... I think.

I removed a Mutex and replaced it with a critical section, maybe that'd do the trick with the lockup.

I also removed (now confirmed :D ) the delay at startup!
Additionally, thanks to the SearchTree(TM) class (used for global filenames lookup), I could optimize the global files parsing by another 30%! :)

Next week I'll focus on the reparsing bugs.
Uh, now that I think of it... Please submit them to Sourceforge! All the newfound bugs in CC need to be organized in the database.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version