Author Topic: Additional makefile  (Read 2329 times)

Offline qtreez

• Multiple posting newcomer
Additional makefile
« on: December 01, 2015, 07:48:40 pm »
Hellow.
First of all I have small knowledge on Makefiles.
I want to compile some project that is distributed with Makefile. I want to attach this project to my current project in form of sources or library. First option is easier but less elegant (I guess). So what is the best approach to compile them together?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Additional makefile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 08:33:38 pm »
Do you wish to modify the third party project?

The common solution is to create a CB Workspace that contains your project and the third party project.
A less common solution is to create a CB target in your project for the third party project.

The options in the third party project is to use a normal CB Project or a custom makefile project.

It might make a difference whether the third party project is a library or not?
If a Shared/DLL library already, I would use the option of the third party project solution.

If not a library, I would likely use the CB target solution for the third party project.

If a Static library, I might use either CB target solution or third party project solution.

Tim S.

Hellow.
First of all I have small knowledge on Makefiles.
I want to compile some project that is distributed with Makefile. I want to attach this project to my current project in form of sources or library. First option is easier but less elegant (I guess). So what is the best approach to compile them together?
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline qtreez

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Additional makefile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 10:18:20 pm »
I change that project to more lightweight and stable counterpart. Problem was the same, but now I simply change target of new project to static library, add source files, attach depedencies and... compile was successful. So problem solved.