User forums > Announcements

Release 15.12, RC1 has arrived

<< < (2/17) > >>

NearTox:

--- Quote from: ffs on November 29, 2015, 03:03:17 pm ---Ctrl + Space doesn't work, reparsing project also doesn't work.

Why?

--- End quote ---

It's a problem with CC(Code Completion), specifically with the macros replacement (Replacement tokens), that was erased or are missed (after of the nightly build 10320)

ollydbg:

--- Quote from: ffs on November 29, 2015, 03:03:17 pm ---Hello.

I have problem with code completion with this release.

When I type this code:

--- Code: ---#include <iostream>
#include <vector>

int main()
{
    std::vector<int> v;

v.

return 0;
}

--- End code ---

and after v. I should get code completion.
BUT when I type using namespace std;
and just vector<int> v; then when I type v. everything works good.

Ctrl + Space doesn't work, reparsing project also doesn't work.

Why?

--- End quote ---
Fine here, see the screen shot:

I use the wx3.0.2 and c::b trunk under windows(rev10609)

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on December 09, 2015, 03:33:25 pm ---I use the wx3.0.2 and c::b trunk under windows(rev10609)

--- End quote ---
I use wx 2.8.12 and GCC 5.1.0 and it does not work at all. I think it does not work for others, too this way...

And it is our fault because if I revert back to r10437 it works for me on the same setup...

ollydbg:
@morten:
I think I may found some reason.
I do have some tiny CC patches against the trunk, but I think that doesn't cause the "fix". The reason is that when I test my own build, I see it use an quite old gcc 4.7 compiler, so our parser can parse the headers from this gcc.

When I test the nightly build rev10574 or my own build c::b with the mingw build 5.2 from mingw-w64 site, and the "v." dose not show any code suggestion, so it looks like our parser fails to parse the newer gcc's header.

I will look into it.

ollydbg:
I see I found the reason, it is a bug in parsing the code: (both gcc 4.7 and 5.2 have such code)

--- Code: ---namespace std _GLIBCXX_VISIBILITY(default)
{
}

--- End code ---
especially expanding the _GLIBCXX_VISIBILITY(default) macro usage.

Under testing of GCC 4.7 or GCC 5.2, I can find the the definition of _GLIBCXX_VISIBILITY, they both point to:

--- Code: ---# define _GLIBCXX_VISIBILITY(V) _GLIBCXX_PSEUDO_VISIBILITY(V)

--- End code ---
While, under GCC 5.2, I can't find the definition of _GLIBCXX_PSEUDO_VISIBILITY, while under 4.7, I can. That's the point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version