Author Topic: Release 15.12, RC1 has arrived  (Read 128411 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Release 15.12, RC1 has arrived
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 03:51:32 pm »
This is the patch to fix such issue:
That looks very good - its working for me again now.

Great work! I'll some some more testing on larger projects but so far I see no negative side-effects. If you commit, please also add the source snippet to the test cases.

BTW: The patch applied as-it-is just fine.
Grad to see that the patch works OK from your side.
I have committed the fix, as I think we will make a final release in this month. Also a test case is added.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline nanyu

• Almost regular
  • nanyu
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2015, 06:12:08 pm »
1) add "-std=c++11" option
2) everything ok with:

#include <vector>

int main()
{
          std::vector<int> a1 = {1,2};
          a1.    //<--- cc do everything ok..
}

3) but..
#include <vector>

int main()
{
          std::vector<int> a1  {1,2};
          a1.    //<--- cc did not work.
}

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2015, 09:06:14 pm »
nanyu: What build are you testing with?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 09:19:01 pm »
nanyu: What build are you testing with?
It really does not work. Its a rather new feature of C++ we didn't account for in the parser yet.
But I don't think many people actually use it to initialise a vector. It would be rather bad style and hardly "portable".

So for now I would say please file a bug report so it gets not forgotten, but we'll take care after the upcoming release.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 09:36:33 pm »
Uf, I thought this is the same case as the one ollydbg has just fixed.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 10:44:11 pm »
Uf, I thought this is the same case as the one ollydbg has just fixed.
No, its related to the assignment of the vector with values w/o the equal sign. So that is a different story. It should be doable, but I'm afraid we might break other things, thats why I would postpone it.

The actual bug you were referring to is already fixed.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline CuteAlien

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 10:52:20 pm »
I suppose the new Debian version from jenslody is RC1? svn build rev 10611.
It worked a lot better than last nightly build so far, but got one crash when I was clicking to open a second project via the "File" - "Recent projects".

Last console output:

Switching layout to "GDB/CDB debugger:Default"

(codeblocks:2591): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed
Switching layout to "Code::Blocks default"

Crashlog is appended.
System is Debian Jessie 64 bit.
I could not reproduce the bug so far :-(

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 10:59:59 pm »
I suppose the new Debian version from jenslody is RC1? svn build rev 10611.
It worked a lot better than last nightly build so far, but got one crash when I was clicking to open a second project via the "File" - "Recent projects".

Last console output:

Switching layout to "GDB/CDB debugger:Default"

(codeblocks:2591): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_set_size_request: assertion 'width >= -1' failed
Switching layout to "Code::Blocks default"

Crashlog is appended.
System is Debian Jessie 64 bit.
I could not reproduce the bug so far :-(
The main problem with my Debian packages is, that they are linked against wx3.0.
This is still not fully supported.
But Debian does no longer provide wx2.8 in the official repos and therefore, there is no alternative.

Offline CuteAlien

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 11:13:28 pm »
I see, thanks for the info!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2015, 12:27:11 am »
Can you try to reproduce it again and then report what are the minimal steps needed to reproduce it.

Offline CuteAlien

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2015, 05:29:36 pm »
@oBFusCATed: Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce it at all so far. Just something that happened after a few hours working with it a single time.

alin

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 04:23:49 pm »
packages for opensuse Tumbleweed if anyone is intersted
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/ealin:/varia/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
check for codeblocks-unstable

I may be able to produce packages for other opensuse recent versions... just ping me.

Alin

Offline CuteAlien

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2015, 11:34:19 am »
@jens: Is it still worth reporting wx3.0 crashes? Last evening I spend another few hours with your build - and unfortunately I got so many crashes that it's getting hard to code with it. Especially when doing global global search&replace with many files. I sometimes got several crashes within minutes when refactoring code. Never easy reproducible, but always happening after a working with it a while. And generally getting some asserts first like the one above.

I'd like to help with reports - can also start from console and enable additional output etc if that is possible. But given the amount of crashes I had, I suppose you probably still get them yourself enough anyway. So not sure if it's worth reporting each one currently?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 03:59:56 pm »
@jens: Is it still worth reporting wx3.0 crashes? Last evening I spend another few hours with your build - and unfortunately I got so many crashes that it's getting hard to code with it. Especially when doing global global search&replace with many files. I sometimes got several crashes within minutes when refactoring code. Never easy reproducible, but always happening after a working with it a while. And generally getting some asserts first like the one above.

I'd like to help with reports - can also start from console and enable additional output etc if that is possible. But given the amount of crashes I had, I suppose you probably still get them yourself enough anyway. So not sure if it's worth reporting each one currently?
I do not work on Debian, and use C::B with wx3 in maost cases with disabled Codecompletion-plugin.
But I get also random crashes and I get also random crashes with C::B and wx2.8 on linux 64Bit compiled with gcc 5.3 .
But unfortunately I did not have the time to reproduce it.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »
If you're getting asserts please report them, I'm trying to fix as many as I can.
Also if you get crashes it would be good if they are reported, so we can try to do something about them.
I'm running a wx3.0 build of C::B at home in order to test it more, but I don't have much time to code at home at the moment so I'm not testing it much:(