Author Topic: Clang CC  (Read 208577 times)

Offline teto

• Almost regular
Re: Clang CC
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2016, 10:04:42 pm »
Very interesting work. Wanted to give it a try: cloned on linux and opened the cbp project. It seems configured for windows only. Anyone tried on linux? else I will wait for it to land into the core. keep up the good work :)

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2016, 08:02:00 am »
You need to use the 'unix' project file.

Main development is done on Linux btw and I should test more on Windows...

Yves
Clang based code completion for Code::Blocks:   http://github.com/yvesdm3000/ClangLib

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2016, 05:29:11 pm »
Thanks. Thread is long so it might be a good idea to sum up some info in the first message or in the README. From git log, I gather that master is the active branch.
I had to comment out jus tthis line to compile: "assert( first.m_id == second.m_Id );". When I tried to load the plugin, codeblocks said the SDK was incompatible (I got cb 16.01 with SDK 1.29 while Clang expects 1.30).  Thus I  tried to compile the plugin against codeblocks  3b88b40f9f818607795a90cfd2120a202a8ccec3 but I get this warning even though I compile with "-std=c++11" (tried with C++0x, which was already enabled in the .cbp):
Code
g++ -DBUILDING_PLUGIN -DNOPCH -Wextra -Wall -std=c++11 -ansi -fPIC -g -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D__WXGTK__ -pthread -I/usr/lib/llvm-3.6/include -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -Winvalid-pch -pthread -I/mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks -I/mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/tinyxml -I/mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/scripting/include -I/mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/scripting/bindings -I/mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/scripting/sqplus -I/mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/wxscintilla/include -DcbDEBUG -I. -c /home/teto/ClangLib/cclogger.cpp -o .objs/plugins/clanglib/cclogger.o
In file included from /mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/sdk_events.h:12:0,
                 from /mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/manager.h:21,
                 from /mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/logmanager.h:9,
                 from /home/teto/ClangLib/cclogger.h:15,
                 from /home/teto/ClangLib/cclogger.cpp:10:
/mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/prep.h:96:1: warning: identifier ‘nullptr’ is a keyword in C++11 [-Wc++0x-compat]
 template<typename T>inline void Delete(T*& p){delete p; p = nullptr;}
 ^
/mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/prep.h: In function ‘void Delete(T*&)’:
/mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/install/include/codeblocks/prep.h:96:61: error: ‘nullptr’ was not declared in this scope
 template<typename T>inline void Delete(T*& p){delete p; p = nullptr;}
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:38:10 pm by teto »

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2016, 08:36:30 pm »
Maybe  we should revert back to using NULL ?

Yves
Clang based code completion for Code::Blocks:   http://github.com/yvesdm3000/ClangLib

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2016, 08:38:00 pm »
No, use nullptr and build in c++11 mode.
Since sometime master is using c++11 and a few days ago, I've removed our old implementation of nullptr/nullptr_t.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline l_inc

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2016, 09:55:47 pm »
No, use nullptr and build in c++11 mode.
Since sometime master is using c++11
Hooray :-). I'm looking forward to seeing good use of shared_ptr's, unique_ptr's, compiler-enforced move semantics, etc. and a cleanup from the nasty support of older standards. Some things in the plugin just seemed too counter-natural without C++11.

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2016, 11:11:57 pm »
If I move the -std=c++0x flags to the end of the compilation line, it works. Thus I had to ruse with Codeblocks options to append -std=C++0x to compiler options without checking the box. Same with clang++.
Then I hit another error:
Code
/home/teto/ClangLib/clangproxy.cpp: In member function ‘void ClangProxy::RemoveTranslationUnit(ClTranslUnitId)’:
/home/teto/ClangLib/clangproxy.cpp:761:33: error: use of deleted function ‘ClTranslationUnit& ClTranslationUnit::operator=(const ClTranslationUnit&)’
     m_TranslUnits[translUnitId] = ClTranslationUnit(translUnitId, nullptr);
Is master supposed to compile at all times or should I check a specific commit ?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2016, 11:48:47 pm »
Please use -std=c++11 or gnu++11, c++0x is not supported!
If your compiler doesn't have full c++11 support, then this compiler is not supported by us (you won't get any help for problems you encounter, nor we'll apply patches to support your compiler).
You'll have to upgrade it!
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2016, 12:22:06 am »
I use gcc version 5.2.1 (full support for C++11 as claimed here https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-5/changes.html) which supports std=C++11 but even with it I have the same error. Could you share your setup ? If you use llvm I will switch to llvm though if g++ claims there is an error, it may be best to fix it (I shall even propose a patch if confirmed) rather than ignore it.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #144 on: April 05, 2016, 12:40:20 am »
I'm not talking about the plugin, but codeblocks in general. I've not tried the plugin yet.

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #145 on: April 05, 2016, 12:43:28 am »
My codeblocks compiles fine (from your git remote), the error appears while compiling the plugin.

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2016, 06:47:23 am »
If CodeBlocks is now moved to C++11, then I'll move the plugin to C++11 too and git rid of some ugly code in the process.

I pushed some compile fixes for C++11

Yves

Offline yvesdm3000

• Almost regular
« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2016, 01:51:04 pm »
I however don't want to bypass the original author Alpha about going to C++11 as minimum requirement since he did the original code.
Maybe Alpha can give his point of view on this before I start removing code ?

Yves

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2016, 03:50:58 pm »
Thansk for the fix yves, I managed to compile and load it.

I haven't looked at the code yet, do I need to do anything else apart from installing the plugin to enable it (like disabling old CC) ? Any advice on how to stresstest it ?

Cheers

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2016, 04:34:47 pm »
I however don't want to bypass the original author Alpha about going to C++11 as minimum requirement since he did the original code.
Maybe Alpha can give his point of view on this before I start removing code ?
I had intended to migrate the code to C++11 once core C::B made the switch.  So, green light to go ahead on the change now.