Author Topic: Plugins generaton broken  (Read 9523 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Plugins generaton broken
« on: January 19, 2006, 09:00:52 pm »
All my plugins no longer compile with svn 1808.

Even the wizard generated plugins with no changes
refuse to compile.

How can I correct this?

thanks
pecan

Here are the errs from the wizard generated compiler plugin code.
-------------- Build: default in testing ---------------
Compiling: testing.cpp
testing.cpp: In function `cbPlugin* CreatePlugin(size_t)':
testing.cpp:325: error: cannot allocate an object of type `testing'
testing.cpp:325: error:   because the following virtual functions are abstract:
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:127: error:  virtual void cbPlugin::BuildModuleMenu(ModuleType, wxMenu*, const FileTreeData*)
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:204: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::Run(const wxString&)
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:216: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::Clean(const wxString&)
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:223: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::Build(ProjectBuildTarget*)
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:225: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::Build(const wxString&)
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:238: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::Rebuild(const wxString&)
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:243: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::BuildWorkspace(const wxString&)
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:248: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::RebuildWorkspace(const wxString&)
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:253: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::CleanWorkspace(const wxString&)
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:265: error:  virtual bool cbCompilerPlugin::IsRunning() const
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:268: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::GetExitCode() const
C:/Usr/Proj/cbBeta/trunk/src/sdk/cbplugin.h:282: error:  virtual int cbCompilerPlugin::Configure(cbProject*, ProjectBuildTarget*)
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 3 seconds)
14 errors, 0 warnings

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Plugins generaton broken
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 09:04:35 pm »
EDIT: no wait a minute... I was a bit hasty there, lol. Talking about revision 1810. Never mind  :oops:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 09:06:29 pm by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 09:11:49 pm »
the definition of

cbPlugin::BuildModuleMenu() has changed

from
void BuildModuleMenu(const ModuleType type, wxMenu* menu, const wxString& arg);

to
void BuildModuleMenu(const ModuleType type, wxMenu* menu, const FileTreeData* data);

look into the cbDragScroll plugin, where i have done this update today,
in most cases you only have to update your BuildModuleMenu() definition
in order to match the cbPlugin class defintion.

sorry - no linux greek possible here  :D

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 09:20:49 pm »
Ok, I changed that statement in my version of cbDragScroll.
Like so:
Code
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
//  cbDragScroll class declaration
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
class cbDragScroll : public cbPlugin
{
public:
cbDragScroll();
~cbDragScroll();
int Configure();
void BuildMenu(wxMenuBar* menuBar){ return; }
        void BuildModuleMenu(const ModuleType type, wxMenu* menu, const FileTreeData* data){ return; }
        bool BuildToolBar(wxToolBar* toolBar){ return false; }
void OnAttach(); // fires when the plugin is attached to the application
void OnRelease(bool appShutDown); // fires when the plugin is released from the application
protected:

private:
        void OnEditorOpen(CodeBlocksEvent& event);
        void OnEditorClose(CodeBlocksEvent& event);
        void OnProjectOpened(CodeBlocksEvent& event);
        void OnProjectClosed(CodeBlocksEvent& event);
        void OnAppStartupDone(CodeBlocksEvent& event);

bool IsAttachedTo(wxWindow* p);
        void Attach(wxWindow *p);
        void AttachRecursively(wxWindow *p);
        void DetachAll();
        wxWindow* winExists(wxWindow *parent);
        wxWindow* FindWindowRecursively(const wxWindow* parent, const wxWindow* handle);

wxArrayString m_UsableWindows;
        wxArrayPtrVoid m_EditorPtrs;
        wxLogWindow* pMyLog;
        bool m_bNotebooksAttached;
        wxArrayPtrVoid m_EventHandlerArray;

private:
DECLARE_EVENT_TABLE()

};

I now get the following errs: I dont know what they mean or
how to correct them... Im using XP with svn 1808
Code
-------------- Build: default in cbDragScroll ---------------
Compiling: cbdragscroll.cpp
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScrollC2Ev':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:37: undefined reference to `cbPlugin::cbPlugin()'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:48: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayStringD1Ev'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:48: undefined reference to `cbPlugin::~cbPlugin()'
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScrollC1Ev':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:37: undefined reference to `cbPlugin::cbPlugin()'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:48: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayStringD1Ev'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:48: undefined reference to `cbPlugin::~cbPlugin()'
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScrollD2Ev':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:54: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayStringD1Ev'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:54: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayStringD1Ev'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:54: undefined reference to `cbPlugin::~cbPlugin()'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:54: undefined reference to `cbPlugin::~cbPlugin()'
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScrollD1Ev':
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScrollD0Ev':
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScroll8OnAttachEv':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:73: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7Manager3GetEP7wxFrame'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:73: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK7Manager12GetAppWindowEv'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:74: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11wxLogWindowC1EP8wxWindowPKwbb'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:75: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN5wxLog15SetActiveTargetEPS_'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:76: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:78: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK11wxLogWindow8GetFrameEv'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:82: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayString3AddERK8wxStringj'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:83: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayString3AddERK8wxStringj'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:84: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayString3AddERK8wxStringj'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:85: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13wxArrayString3AddERK8wxStringj'
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScroll6AttachEP8wxWindow':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:128: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxString9MakeLowerEv'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:129: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK13wxArrayString5IndexEPKwbb'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:131: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:135: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:139: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase16PushEventHandlerEP12wxEvtHandler'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:146: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScroll9winExistsEP8wxWindow':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:205: undefined reference to `_imp__wxTopLevelWindows'
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScroll9DetachAllEv':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:222: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:229: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:237: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase18RemoveEventHandlerEP12wxEvtHandler'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:239: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:252: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScroll12OnEditorOpenER15CodeBlocksEvent':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:270: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7Manager3GetEP7wxFrame'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:270: undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK7Manager12GetAppWindowEv'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:281: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase16FindWindowByNameERK8wxStringPK8wxWindow'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:303: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase16PushEventHandlerEP12wxEvtHandler'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:310: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScroll13OnEditorCloseER15CodeBlocksEvent':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:336: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase16FindWindowByNameERK8wxStringPK8wxWindow'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:351: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:362: undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12wxWindowBase18RemoveEventHandlerEP12wxEvtHandler'
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:367: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
c:\Temp/ccsfcaaa.o: In function `ZN12cbDragScroll15OnProjectOpenedER15CodeBlocksEvent':
C:/Usr/Proj/cbDragScroll/RC3/cbdragscroll.cpp:382: undefined reference to `_imp___Z12wxLogMessagePKwz'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 5 seconds)
52 errors, 0 warnings

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 09:34:46 pm »
I just now downloaded tiwag changes to cbDragScroll.

It gets the same errs as described above. Have I done
something bad to codeblocks. It compiled ok, then I did
the update. Are those link errs?

I'll compile codeblocks again.

pecan

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 09:47:58 pm »
I just updated to svn 1813. Recompiled and ran update on XP.
I loaded the .cbp provided by twiag's version of cbDragScroll
and re-built. I get the same errs.

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1594.0;attach=613

tiwag. how are you compiling cbDragScroll ??

thanks
pecan

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 09:54:34 pm »
as described in another thread,

revert commit 1811

get rev 1810 of
trunk/src/plugins/compilergcc/cmdlinegenerator.cpp

then it builds fine again - at least it does fine for me

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 10:40:47 pm »
as described in another thread,

revert commit 1811

get rev 1810 of
trunk/src/plugins/compilergcc/cmdlinegenerator.cpp

then it builds fine again - at least it does fine for me

Thats all greek  :D to me. I right click on \trunk using TortoiseSVN,
pick revert and it says nothing to do.

Any suggestions?

thanks
pecan

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 10:46:17 pm »
Thats all greek  :D to me. I right click on \trunk using TortoiseSVN,
pick revert and it says nothing to do.

Any suggestions?

if you use TortoiseSVN,
right click on the file cmdlinegenerator.cpp and select SVN->Update to revision and then edit 1810

this will only revert the changes of this specific file

« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:00:08 pm by tiwag »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 10:57:12 pm »
I had a similar problem with the copystrings plug-in on my laptop (on PC it was OK). I did once more update.bat, and then rebuild of that plug-in, and stuff worked again, without reverting that specific file being mentioned here.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:01:59 pm by killerbot »

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 10:59:23 pm »
I had a similar problem with the copystrings plug-in on my laptop (on PC it was OK). I did once more update.bat, and then rebuild of that plug-in, and stuff worked again, without reverting that specific file by mentioned here.
really ? that brings new light on this topic - for me all the errors were gone after i reverted the one file and rebuilt CB.