Author Topic: Compiler plugin: regarding G++ compilation switches for C++ standard revisions.  (Read 3463 times)

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
Hi everybody,

Since I upgraded to the latest TDM-GCC release, which already supports most of the C++14 standard and even includes partial experimental support for C++17 features, I have noticed that CodeBlocks still shows the switch "-std=c++0x" in the compiler options.

At this stage, the official GCC website already lists both -std=c++0x and -std=c++1y as deprecated compilation switches, and I think it would be a good time to update the compiler plugin options XML files to reflect this. Using the regular expression attribute, it was very easy to filter those deprecated options out for me (I cannot express enough how much of a GoodThing the compiler plugin redesign is for this sort of thing :) ).

I edited the options_common_warnings.xml file in my installation to hack this change in, but if this ever made it into the official compiler plugin, the g++ version numbers used would have to accurately reflect the version numbers where gcc officially enabled and/or deprecated those options.

This reminded me as well, does the compiler plugin already have a way to deprecate compiler options at this time? It would be useful to detect deprecated compiler options and warn the user of recommended alternatices when loading a project file.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 07:53:48 am by ptDev »