User forums > Announcements

When is the next version coming out?

(1/10) > >>

Card:
I've always liked Code::Blocks, and I've used it for years. The latest version, 13.12, came out over a year and a half ago (quickly approaching two!). Has the development stopped? Or can we expect a huge update with various dark themes and multi language and scripting support? :D

oBFusCATed:
Development hasn't stopped. Just there is no official release.
You can check the nightlies to see what are the improvements.

The dark themes stuff isn't happening, because no one is contributing themes as far as I know.

Croydon:
Code::Blocks should really move away from Sourceforge after all what did happen and is happening there.

Also the project team should provide more regular new information, the project seems dead for everyone who isn't digging really deep into it.

I would recommend to move to GitHub and also open source the website, so people can also help with that. The current one is outdated and looks aged.

oBFusCATed:
I'm not sure how the site works, but if you're interested in helping improve the look we could probably think how you can do it.

Also if you follow the night build subforum or the code history page on sf.net you'll know that there is activity in this project.
Also we have some clones of the main repo on github, so you can follow them. Mine is manually updated every 2-3 days.

eckard_klotz:
Hello Croydon.

--- Quote ---Code::Blocks should really move away from Sourceforge after all what did happen and is happening there.
--- End quote ---

What are you meaning???

--- Quote ---I would recommend to move to GitHub and also open source the website, so people can also help with that. The current one is outdated and looks aged.
--- End quote ---

Changing the provider would not help to update the website if the developer decide that it is more important to spent the effort in the product itself (what I definitely prefer). As far as I understand it you can add some pages in the wiki or at least you can provide you information in the forum.

--- Quote ---... the project seems dead for everyone who isn't digging really deep into it.
--- End quote ---

If clicking on the forum-button is digging deep I ask my self what amount of information you expect on the main-page and what kind of confusion this causes for a new-bee.

The project had already to move since the provider used before has closed his service. And I would recommend definitely not spent some effort to change again especially if I think about what this means for older users which already know where to find what and who are using SVN.

Best regards,
                      Eckard. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version