Author Topic: Per project opened files  (Read 16410 times)

Offline eranon

• Almost regular
Re: Per project opened files
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 03:20:35 am »
It's the *.layout-file belonging to the project.

By the way, you should take into account, that opening and closing a large amount of files might take a long time.

OK, thanks, Jens ! However, I don't need to open a lot of files at the same time. I often include a test project beside my real one in a same workspace : so, in this specific context, I would like to have a different set of files opened when I'm on the real project and the one for misc tests (here, test being to take in the sense of "garbage" project where I attempt everything before to implement for real).
[Independent dev. - wxWidgets 3.0.0 under "Win 7 Pro 64-bit, C::B SVN 9435 & wxSmith, TDM64-GCC 4.7 & MSVC9" + "OS X 10.8, FSF GCC 4.7 & C::B SVN 8909"]

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
Re: Per project opened files
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 03:15:44 am »
It's an old topic but has relevance to the patch I posted here -> https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/182/

It's a patch for Open Files List plugin implementing the preservation of previously opened (built-in) editor files per project/target basis. Some notes about the feature:
1- It doesn't save the splits but they can still be used.
2- Adds a View Menu item 'Preserve open editors' to enable/disable the feature. It can be activated/deactivated only when the workspace is empty because of implementation constraints.
3- Only built-in editors that belong to the current project can be preserved, others are left as is.
4- Last active editor and editor order are both preserved.
5- Open editor lists are saved in .layout file(s) for project(s), no extra files are created.

For you interest...