User forums > Nightly builds

The 16 January 2006 build is out.

<< < (2/2)

mandrav:

--- Quote from: spoofer on January 17, 2006, 08:35:12 am ---
--- Quote ---Added support for backtick'd expressions under windows (e.g. `wx-config --libs`)
--- End quote ---

How does this works exactly? Is some external program required (I have MSYS) or it works out of box?

--- End quote ---

Everything works out of the box ;)
The only note is that for non-NT windows (95,98,etc) you have to use the extension of the filename too, e.g. `wx-config.bat --libs`.
And, ofcourse, you have to create 'wx-config.bat' (or whatever else) yourself :)

spoofer:
Great! How about making C::B call sh.exe (if path is provided) to execute script. It's simple as:
--- Code: ---sh --login -i -c <script>
--- End code ---

EDIT: Addition paths maybe?

mandrav:

--- Quote from: spoofer on January 17, 2006, 09:58:52 am ---Great! How about making C::B call sh.exe (if path is provided) to execute script. It's simple as:
--- Code: ---sh --login -i -c <script>
--- End code ---

EDIT: Addition paths maybe?

--- End quote ---

sh --login?

Remember, we 're talking about windows platforms only here. As the relevant comment in the sources say: "Real OSes support this natively" ;)

spoofer:
I meant that if someone has Windows and MSYS that he can use scripts. You can even build wxWidgets by passing --with-msw to configure. So on Windows C::B could search know paths for sh.exe and execute script if found.

P.S. I took that line from msys.bat (used to start-up MSYS) --login is needed.

mandrav:

--- Quote from: Angelo on January 17, 2006, 03:02:49 pm ---I have some strange bug, from 3-4 days.

--- End quote ---

1. Don't post bug reports here. This is an announcement thread. Respect the fact that it's not locked for posting.
2. A forum search would give you the solution.
3. "View->Layouts->Delete current".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version