User forums > Nightly builds

The 15 January 2006 build is out.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Michael:

--- Quote from: jc on January 16, 2006, 04:31:56 pm ---(if I try to set up a compile environment I bet it would take me all day, until tonight, to set it up!). :)

--- End quote ---

Not really. It is VERY EASY to compile C::B yourself :D. You just have to:

* Download and install TortoiseSVN
* Download C::B source with TortoiseSVN
* With the latest nightly build open the CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp
* Define the global variable wx for wxWidgets
* Build
* Run update.bat
Finish...and it has taken more time to write it than you will need for doing it :D.

You can compile wxWidgets by yourself (in UNICODE) or download it from: http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/mauricio/codeblocks/

Do not forget zip.exe and to have installed MinGW (you can also use the one that come with RC2).

Michael

boaz:
thanks!

I had a boot strap problem.

- Downloaded binarry release of C::B
- compiled wxWidgets
- tortoiseSVN the latest trunk. Opened up CodeBlocks-wx2.6.0.cbp with Instalation C::B
- Well the project is to old and does not mach the new code. Files have moved, added, and so on.
- open up CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp but the binnary release does not have all this $(#xxx) stuff so it does not compile.

I manually edited all the $(#WX...) but it still does not compile some undefins I'll have a look tommorow.

Do you think the old CodeBlocks-wx2.6.0.cbp should be updated to the new files? I did do somework on it it should be almost linking now

Free Life
Boaz

killerbot:
CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp should be all you need, you need to fill in the global variable for wx (and you must have wx build yourself (very easy). I will create a description, or better, a cookbook on how the nightlies are created.
Lieven

Michael:

--- Quote from: killerbot on January 16, 2006, 07:42:47 pm ---I will create a description, or better, a cookbook on how the nightlies are created.

--- End quote ---

That would be a very good idea :D. Very useful, especially for beginners.

Michael

PS.: You are really fast in replying posts. I was replying to boaz too, but when selecting preview.... :D

boaz:

--- Quote ---CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp should be all you need, you need to fill in the global variable for wx
--- End quote ---

It's what I did. I got it to compile. But I got stuck with resources. Where are the resource files when you svn the code tree. Where is the share Directory and what should be the --prefix when running in-tree. OK you don't need to answer that. I'll go read the manual now (RTFM boaz).

But one last thing. Is there a command line switch you can stick at the "Programs arguments" setting, that tells the debugged C::B to load a second Instance. It is annoying to have to "allow multiple instances" than exit, than come back in, so you can debug your compilation. And please put it in the CodeBlocks.cbp by default.

Thanks guys you Rock this stuff is grate!!!
Free Life
Boaz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version