Author Topic: Specifying the path where .obj files will be created  (Read 3305 times)

Offline 16BitBilly

• Multiple posting newcomer
Specifying the path where .obj files will be created
« on: March 04, 2015, 12:17:59 am »
I currently have a project. The structure of the project is attached along with this message. As you can see the project has a folder in it called option which has a header and a source file.
I know we could specify the folder where object files get created in (Project Properties ->Build Targets -> Objects Output Dir) However the problem that I am facing is that the object files for the files present in the option folder get created in the option folder (next to the headers) What I would like to do is have them created along with the others. So if I specify (obj\Debug\) as Objects output dir I would get main.o created in obj\Debug\ while foo.o would be created in obj\Debug\option\ I would like the foo.o to be created in  obj\Debug\ as well.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:20:43 am by 16BitBilly »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Specifying the path where .obj files will be created
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:51:47 am »
Why?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Specifying the path where .obj files will be created
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 06:13:35 am »
You can do this already, but only globally for the whole toolchain by checking:
"Settings -> Compiler... -> Global compiler settings -> [your compiler] -> Other settings (rightmost tab) -> Advanced options... -> Other -> Use flat objects"