Author Topic: 'Intel C/C++ Compiler' doesn't have correctly defined debugger!  (Read 11763 times)

Offline frepie

• Single posting newcomer
Hi
Newbie here
I just installed Code::Blocks and upon opening it I get the error

'Intel C/C++ Compiler' doesn't have correctly defined debugger!

Strange because Netbean seems to be running correctly.

I am running on Ubuntu 14.02

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: 'Intel C/C++ Compiler' doesn't have correctly defined debugger!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:26:33 pm »
Settings -> Compiler -> Intel -> Toolchain executable -> Debugger, then choose "GDB/CDB Debugger : Default" and it should work just fine.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline frepie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 03:58:03 pm »
I did as instructed but get the same error message. plus I get a yellow slide up message that says

"can't find compiler executable in your configured search path's for Intel C/C++ Compiler"

I don't have intel C++ compiler, I have GCC compiler but when I select it, code blocks falls back to Intel's.

What is strange is that under my other user account on the same computer, code blocks works just fine with gcc as the selected compiler.
I tried to set gcc as default without any success, code blocks still tries to use intel's.

I compared both toolchain executables for both user accounts and they are identical..... :o
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 04:06:15 pm by frepie »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 05:04:43 pm »
Do you have a project?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline frepie

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:52:34 pm »
The issue corrected itself after I logged out and then logged back in the problematic user. It seems the changes brought to the toolchain executables were enacted only after the new login.