Author Topic: Target uses an invalid compiler [YOUR ANSWER IS ALREADY THERE. SEARCH THE FORUMS!] run aborted  (Read 12842 times)

Offline doublem

• Single posting newcomer
And NO there are no tool chain errors or whatnot. Am I missing a file? Am I doing something wrong?

Offline doublem

AND NO I DIDN'T FIND THE ANSWER ANYWHERE! THEY ALL HAD TODO WITH THE STUPID TOOLCHAIN! Now with the unpleasantries done and over with, would someone please help me?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
So you are sure that it does not have to do with the toolchain? I would say it HAS TO DO WITH THE TOOLCHAIN.

So lets go through a few points:
what os are you using?
What compile do you want to use?
Have you installed the compiler to a folder where c::b can find him?
Have you checked if the compiler works from the command line?
Have you checked if the compiler paths are set correctly in the compiler settings?
Have you checked if you are using the correct compiler in your target?

Please answer them with real words, and add what you have done on every question to get th answer. If you answer only wit simple "yes" and "no" i wont help you future because you gave very little information and without information it is hard to help...

Greetings
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 08:44:03 am by BlueHazzard »

Offline doublem

Thank you for replying and for wanting to help.

With that said I did not know I was supposed to install a compiler separately... Or did I get that wrong? And If you do have to install a seperate compiler would you please leave me a link to one? OS: Windows 7 ultimate

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
It depends what installer of C::B have you used.
We have two - one with compiler included and one without.

If you've used the former and have installed the compiler.
Then sometimes the auto-detection fails, so you have to go manually to the toolchain settings and hit the auto detect button.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline doublem

oh ok so I would just have to go to the installer the compiler then it should be good?

Offline doublem

ok so I reinstalled it using the correct installer. I guess I clicked on the first installer I saw, but it works thank you very much for helping me!  ;D