Author Topic: Code folding context menu options removed?  (Read 5075 times)

Offline UberNewb

• Multiple posting newcomer
Code folding context menu options removed?
« on: February 05, 2015, 10:28:03 pm »
Hello all,

I just noticed that the code folding context menu options that were present in version 13.12 have been removed in the nightly builds (at least it is not present in NB 9884 or else I just can't find it anymore). So could someone please tell me if support for the 'fold all' and 'unfold all' options as well as the other older options have been removed from CodeBlocks, and if so, why? The only way I can see to enable code folding now is to do so in the Editor settings menu for folding. This takes much longer to use effectively than it did before when there was a 'Folding' context menu.

Wait, upon further inspection it appears the option is still there? When I used NB 9884 on the computers at school (I am using it as a portable CB on a USB stick) the folding options were not there, but now that I am using NB 9884 on my laptop the options are back again.

Can someone help me figure out what is going on? And why the Folding context menu does not appear when using the school computer? My laptop is Win Vista with CB 13.12 installed, and the school computers are Win 7.

Thanks,
UberNewb

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Code folding context menu options removed?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:11:30 pm »
On nightly build rev 10091, here it is. See screen shot below:
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline UberNewb

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 02:41:30 am »
ollydbg - Thank you for your reply. I am aware of where the menu option usually is, the problem was that it was simply not there when I used NB 9884 on the computers at school. No matter where I right clicked in the code editor area, the option was not present. The entire folding menu was not even there.

Could this be a case of some hidden configuration files that CB uses when installed, but that were not present when using a portable version of CB? I was using it on a USB stick, as I am not allowed to install software on school computers and their Smart Shield software would just wipe out the installation after a day or two anyway.

In the meantime I will download a more recent version of the NB and then try it on the computers at school when I go back on Monday or Tuesday. But any further ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
UberNewb

Edit-
To further clarify, when I used NB 9884 on my laptop the folding menu was present again, and this is why it leads me to believe there is some hidden sort of configuration going on. Does CB store a lot of config in the registry on Windows? Or is it something else that I am not aware of?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:44:06 am by UberNewb »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 06:44:14 am »
Make C::B portable is quite simple, you can just unzip the Nightly build binary, and add an CbLauncher.exe in the extracted folder, please carefully read this page: 2 Q: Where does C::B's configuration file store? How do I make Code::Blocks portable?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).

Offline UberNewb

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 03:23:29 am »
I downloaded NB 10091 and now the folding menu is gone from my laptop context menu as well. I'm using CBLauncher.exe that came with the NB.

Here is what a right click on the code editor gives me :

And what my folding settings are in the editor settings :

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 07:02:01 am »
I downloaded NB 10091 and now the folding menu is gone from my laptop context menu as well. I'm using CBLauncher.exe that came with the NB.

Here is what a right click on the code editor gives me :
This is quite strange, I just look at my "Folder" setting, it is the same as yours, but I have "Folder" in my context menu.

Offline UberNewb

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 12:46:41 am »
I have checked it out further, and it appears that whenever I use CbLauncher.exe to launch code blocks, then the folding context menu is not there. When I use codeblocks.exe the folding menu is there again. This is on my laptop. I have yet to re-test the school computers.

Edit
I have checked the school computers again, and using NB 10091, the Folding context menu never appears, whether using codeblocks.exe or cblauncher.exe. I checked and folding is enabled, it just doesn't show up. The school computers are running Windows 7.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:03:34 pm by UberNewb »

Offline UberNewb

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 07:05:12 pm »
See my edit in the last post.

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 08:01:40 am »
See my edit in the last post.
I have no further idea how your problem happens. Maybe some one use Win7/8 can help you, but I'm using WinXP.