Author Topic: Source Formatter  (Read 36698 times)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: Source Formatter
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2006, 01:26:54 am »
Quote from: Game_Ender
If you are looking for a cleaner way to do that you can use the place the attached script in the /etc/init.d and then make the proper sym links in /etc/rc3.d.  It is a full working init script with start, stop, reload, and force-reload.  You will need to edit the settings for to init svnserve with at the top.

I checked if such script was generated but it wasn't, so I just decided to add that single line to initialize it in bootmisc.sh.

But thanks for the script :)

And BTW, in my Linux box it's /etc/rc5.d :)

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2006, 03:13:01 am »
Well rc3.d and rc5.d stand for run level 3 and 5 respectively. Runlevel 3 is what text only servers boot into, and Runlevel 5 is what machines with a GUI boot into, there is no 4.  In order to get runlevel 5 you have to pass through 1,2, and 3 also.  Now if you were to ever boot your machine into text only mode, like if you made it your server, and you only decided to put svnserve in rc5.d you would be suprised when it doesn't start.

EDIT- I think I am wrong about the OS ascending through run levels, I will investigate more.
EDIT2- Yes I am wrong, but if you run Ubuntu you are always safe if you put the init symlinks in rcS.d because that is run before the default runleve, which is 2 on Ubuntu.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:30:43 am by Game_Ender »

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2006, 06:36:49 am »
We're getting a bit away from the plugin discussion...

Anyway, that's a Knoppix machine with runlevel 5 as default in inittab. The thing is: it works 'cause it's in the bootmisc of rcS.d and I don't really have any plans to move it :)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2006, 02:22:53 am »
Ok, back on-topic.

I just added the sketch for the rules system and it's already committed.

One more thing, the WebSVN link has changed to http://svn.cenizasoft.cjb.net/

I'll edit the previous post too...