Author Topic: Installing code::blocks  (Read 3242 times)

Offline jibaro

• Single posting newcomer
Installing code::blocks
« on: December 11, 2014, 10:06:08 pm »
I'm new at this. I mean really new. I finally started to understand programming using a Just Basic course but want to learn the real thing.

The problem, can't install code::blocks. I keep on getting an error message. I tried downloading the program from the two sites available but one doesn't open  (BerliOS) and, it would seem, that the one on Sourceforge.net seems to be corrupted or has suffered change.

I can follow instructions in the Internet to stop my computer from blocking the installation but I'm afraid that I would be opening the doors to some kind of virus attack if I do. So, am I being over cautious? Has the integrity of your codeblocks-13.12mingw-setup.exe, dated 27 Dec 2013, being violated?

Awaiting your responce. :-[

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Installing code::blocks
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:48:38 pm »
without the error message we can't help you...

simply use the release on the main page of c::b and download it from sourceforge (berlios doesn't exists anymore)

greetings

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 11:30:38 pm »
Are you using chrome? If yes, then there are many reports that chrome thinks our installer has viruses. As far as I know it doesn't and this is just a false alarm that could be safely ignored. If you're sure that this executable contains viruses. Please post a report from another A/V source.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline jibaro

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 11:34:54 pm »
What do you know???

On my last attempt, so that I could post the error message the download and the install has been succesful.

Now, lets see if I can match my reasoning powers with "Hello World!" and all its ramifications.

Thanks for answering.

Offline jibaro

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 11:37:14 pm »
Yeah, Chrome was a pain so I used Explorer to download the program.

Anyway, I got it running now. Hope my next post is more of a challenge.

Thanks