Author Topic: [Solved] Creating Actual Directories in Code::Blocks  (Read 3399 times)

Offline JavaMatrix

• Single posting newcomer
[Solved] Creating Actual Directories in Code::Blocks
« on: November 30, 2014, 10:57:13 pm »
Hello, I'm new.  ;D

Right now, I've got all of my files in src or include, depending on if they are cpp's or h's.
I'd like to be able to divide them into folders, like Java's "package" structure.  I've searched around, and I haven't been able to find anything on how to do this.  I do not want Virtual Directories.  I would like to divide it into actual directories, as I want to be able to open this in another IDE if necessary or put it up on BitBucket for source control.  I've been able to create directories in the Files view, but they do not appear in the Project view and any files I move into these directories seem to disappear in CodeBlock's eyes.  I'm probably missing something obvious, so I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
JavaMatrix
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:08:11 pm by JavaMatrix »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Creating Actual Directories in Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 11:05:00 pm »
Have you added the files to the project?
Is "Projects -> Project tree -> Display folders as on disk" enabled?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline JavaMatrix

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 11:06:31 pm »
Have you added the files to the project?
Yes, yes I have.  They were part of the project before I moved them into the directory.  Do I need to do it again?
Is "Projects -> Project tree -> Display folders as on disk" enabled?
Yes.

Offline JavaMatrix

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 11:07:57 pm »
Aha, seems adding them to the project again after moving them to the new directory fixed the issue.  That's a bit counter-intuitive, but now I know.  Thank you, oBFusCATed.