Author Topic: Can't open brackets OSX  (Read 3817 times)

Offline zeratulmdq

• Single posting newcomer
Can't open brackets OSX
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:12:49 pm »
Hi there,

I feel pretty stupid asking this, but i can't solve the problem. I have CodeBlocks 13.12 (I also tried 10.05 and 12.11) in a MacBook Air with OSX 10.9.4 (have tried a few more, always the same). The keyboard works prefectly in every single program but when i try to open brackets "[" or "{" inside CodeBlocks nothing happens. Well, when I try to open inside a file I'm editing nothing happens, but if I try to open them in dialog boxes or forms they work perfectly!! I thought it had something to do with plugins but I disabled them all and still the same. I'm really lost here, has anyone had the same problem??

P.S:
I have Spanish keyboard
I can close them perfectly "]" "}"
I tried portuguese (brazil) keyboard, "[" works fine but "{" doesn't...

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I'm using french layout now and ALT + 5 works fine ( "{" ) , but the keys next to the "P" and to "Ñ" (originally "[" and "{" in spanish layout) seems blocked  ???
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:18:47 pm by zeratulmdq »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Can't open brackets OSX
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 12:32:29 am »
Try to disabled the keybinder/keyboard shortcuts plugin. And next time please search the forum.. I think this has been asked multiple times...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline zeratulmdq

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 02:15:13 am »
Try to disabled the keybinder/keyboard shortcuts plugin. And next time please search the forum.. I think this has been asked multiple times...

I have read the forum, you haven't read my post

I thought it had something to do with plugins but I disabled them all and still the same

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 02:50:55 pm »
I have read the forum, you haven't read my post
Yes, because I don't have or care much about OSX :)
But this is common problem on OSX...

I don't know if there is Scite release for OSX, but if there is you can try it and report if it works correctly.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]