Author Topic: CodeBlocks Split Windows (cannot close)  (Read 5080 times)

Offline gabyx

• Single posting newcomer
CodeBlocks Split Windows (cannot close)
« on: November 30, 2014, 01:43:43 pm »
Couly anybody quickly help me with this question :-

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27156364/codeblocks-always-splits-editor-how-to-disable

Thanks a lot!!

Really appreciate the work of all CodeBlocks Authors :-)!!

Awesome! keep the work up!

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: CodeBlocks Split Windows (cannot close)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 01:51:07 pm »
I also notice this issue. Which happens when I have an project opened, and then I open a second C::B project.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 02:05:15 pm »
I fear it is related to the saveing (or better restoring of the pany layout) introduced in 9940.
Deleting the *.layout-files will work for a while, also putting the projects in a workspace (because workspace-layout has precedence over project-layout).

Opening the projects without opening any files, will surely also be a workaround ("Settings -> Envirinment... -> General settings -> On project load -> Do not opena any files").

Nevertheless: I will look into it, as soon as possible.

Offline gabyx

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 04:58:12 pm »
Thanks a lot :-)!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 10:17:55 am »
I just committed a fix for this issue.
New project-layouts now get mixed with existing layouts (tabs of first tabcontrol go into first existing tabcontrol, 2 => 2, etc.)
Only if the new opened layout has more tab-controls, than the already opened layout, C::B creates new controls.

We still can get problems, if we have multiple projects with the same title and filenames, but in different locations.
I only use the projects title and the relative filename as id for a tab. If I use fullpaths, the layout-file would be broken if someone moves the whole project to a different location.

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 01:35:45 pm »
I love the fact that CB saves panes layout (thanks again for the patch jens) but it's true that the current behavior can be impvoed. Once you know it, it is easy enough to workaround it but for a proper release it should be changed. Your last patch is part of the solution but here are a few additional ideas:
-ask the user what he wants on project loading (merging panes or not)
-adding per project tab colorization. I would be willing to write a plugin for that if you told me it is currently possible (I think so)