Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

MiniDoc

<< < (3/14) > >>

oBFusCATed:
Bug: Showing the panel resets the background of my greyish syntax highlight theme in the editor.

Suggestions:
1. remove the scroll, because it just wastes space
2. mark the currently visible part of the document/file by greying out the non-visible part -> currently you're doing the inverse and so highlighting staff in the editor is hard to see.
3. use even smaller font for larger files
4. it would be good if the space between the lines could be made smaller, so more text could be made visible.

MortenMacFly:
Btw: Your code also reveals another weakness in the sdk: The menus shouldn't been accessed by name... This will break as soon as we change a menus name. I've seen similar in several other plugins. There should better be an sdk method providing plugins with access to the top level menus at least...

Jenna:
Two issues (on linux):
if I scroll in the main-window the grey rectangle in the MiniDoc-view is moved also, but if it leaves the visible area the miniDoc should auto-scroll, so the grey rectangle is always visible.

If I resize the mainview, the grey rectangle is not resized (until I click into the mainview).

danselmi:
I already addressed some issues.

What remains is:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on August 10, 2014, 01:12:40 pm ---Bug: Showing the panel resets the background of my greyish syntax highlight theme in the editor.

--- End quote ---
Can you explain how to reproduce?

--- Quote from: jens on August 10, 2014, 06:33:15 pm ---... If I resize the mainview, the grey rectangle is not resized (until I click into the mainview).

--- End quote ---
How do I get the plugin informed about the resize?

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on August 10, 2014, 01:12:40 pm ---...
3. use even smaller font for larger files
4. it would be good if the space between the lines could be made smaller, so more text could be made visible.

--- End quote ---
For both suggestions; I don't know how to achieve them.

regards danselmi

Jenna:

--- Quote from: danselmi on August 12, 2014, 07:25:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: jens on August 10, 2014, 06:33:15 pm ---... If I resize the mainview, the grey rectangle is not resized (until I click into the mainview).

--- End quote ---
How do I get the plugin informed about the resize?

--- End quote ---

You can use:

--- Code: ---event.GetEditor()->Connect(wxEVT_SIZE,wxSizeEventHandler(MiniDoc::OnResize));
--- End code ---
in the EditorActivated eventhandler and

--- Code: ---event.GetEditor()->Disconnect(wxEVT_SIZE,wxSizeEventHandler(MiniDoc::OnResize));
--- End code ---
in the deactivate handler.
The problem is, that it does not works for splitted editors, but in this case there is more broken (at least here): the actual highlighted lines (grey rectangle) get a white circle in the editors margin of the second control.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version