Author Topic: code completion on Linux  (Read 6261 times)

c0r8d46

code completion on Linux
« on: April 07, 2005, 07:29:38 pm »
Code completion does not seem to work.  when i try to bring it up, i get this message in Code::Block Debug:

Active editor has no associated parser ?!?

Do others have this problem?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
code completion on Linux
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 10:34:32 am »
It works only for files belonging to an already open project. The message you see means that this file doesn't belong to a project or that there is a bug in the plugin ;)
I 'm currently making some bug-fixing/improving to the code completion plugin. Let's see how it goes after I 'm done...

EDIT: I forgot to add that this plugin is the only one that's giving me headaches, under linux, and is affecting the program's stability...

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Anonymous

code completion on Linux
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 04:18:08 pm »
Thanks Yiannis,

I am using code completion from within a project.  Does the project type matter?  I've got multiple console projects opened under my workspace.  Also, i don't have sa permission, so i installed code block locally, not sure if this would cause any problems, just thought you should know since i'm sure others have done the same.

How does code completion know what files to parse.  E.g. I have a project that depends on source from another projects as well as external libraries.  Will code completion work for these files?

Looking forward to your update.  Thanks for all the hard work, really appreciate it.

-c