Author Topic: Debug single file  (Read 10025 times)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Debug single file
« on: January 11, 2006, 08:00:47 pm »
I was wondering, how tricky would it be to make the debugger work with single files?

Compiling a single file is no longer a problem, it has been implemented, but allowing that compilation to enable debugging flags would be the tricky thing.

Maybe, just maybe, if there was another "compiler settings" when you're going to compile a single file. We'd get that way "global compiler settings", "global compiler settings per project", "compiler settings per target" and "compiler settings for single file compilation".

What do you think?

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: Debug single file
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 08:10:00 pm »
Maybe, just maybe, if there was another "compiler settings" when you're going to compile a single file. We'd get that way "global compiler settings", "global compiler settings per project", "compiler settings per target" and "compiler settings for single file compilation".

What do you think?

Would it not be a bit too much to have all those "global compiler settings"?

Michael

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 08:15:30 pm »
Quote from: Michael
Would it not be a bit too much to have all those "global compiler settings"?

The new one would only be "compiler settings for single file compilation", all others already exist, or was any of those removed lately?

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:29:42 pm »
May be I have misunderstood.

By "global compiler settings" you mean Settings-->compiler, by "compiler settings per project" Project-->Build options and by "compiler settings per target" Project-->Properties-->Targets, right?

In this case, the addition of "compiler settings for single file compilation" should be a possibility IMHO.

The improved compiler framework (developers only access, if I remeber correctly) will not take into consideration such a case?

Michael

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 08:41:32 pm »
By "global compiler settings" you mean Settings-->compiler, by "compiler settings per project" Project-->Build options and by "compiler settings per target" Project-->Properties-->Targets, right?

Right, that's what I meant.

The improved compiler framework (developers only access, if I remeber correctly) will not take into consideration such a case?

I don't remember reading about that in there.