Author Topic: seeking alternative to forums.wxwidgets.org  (Read 4985 times)

Offline Skywise

• Single posting newcomer
seeking alternative to forums.wxwidgets.org
« on: July 17, 2014, 10:39:27 am »
As stated in a previous post - http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,19448.0.html

I'm having troubles getting an account on forums.wxwidgets.org.

Anyone know a good alternative to that site for asking wxwidgets specific questions? I'm a little stuck on something and I don't know if it's me doing something wrong or if I found a bug. And, it's holding up my project.

I contacted the person suggested in that other thread and they claimed they could not find any account with my username (same as here), and asked if I was sure I completed the registration process.

I replied that it did complete, that I reached the page telling me to look for the registration confirmation email, that requesting the confirmation email to be resent doesn't happen*, that attempting to log in says the account is inactive, and that attempting to register again says both the user name and email are already in use**.

That was three days ago. I have not heard back.

Is there a secret handshake or something?   ???

Brian

* I don't have any filters on the email address used, so they're not getting lost that way.
** Obviously I typed them correctly the first time, since I can't use them again.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: seeking alternative to forums.wxwidgets.org
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 01:11:27 pm »
This topic is realy ot and probably will get locked...

Search for the wx mailing list...

Offline Skywise

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 09:59:18 pm »
This topic is realy ot and probably will get locked...

I'm well aware that it is technically off topic for this forum. But what am I to do? Getting hold of anyone at wxwidgets directly is being problematic. Since wxwidgets is practically a part of Code Blocks (via wxSmith, which I believe is ON topic), it seems reasonable that someone here would be able to help.

And I didn't come here only to complain about the wxwidgets forum.

Search for the wx mailing list...

That's helpful.

I've also been contacted this morning by another person. I'll see how things go with them. Something is really screwed up somewhere.

Brian

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »
Since wxwidgets is practically a part of Code Blocks (via wxSmith, which I believe is ON topic),

wxWidgets is not a part of Code::Blocks.
It's "just" the (cross-platform) toolkit we use to create Code::Blocks. No more an no less.

Offline Skywise

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:05 pm »
Since wxwidgets is practically a part of Code Blocks (via wxSmith, which I believe is ON topic),

wxWidgets is not a part of Code::Blocks.
It's "just" the (cross-platform) toolkit we use to create Code::Blocks. No more an no less.

Whatever. I'm not going to argue semantics. No need for anyone to get their knickers twisted over it.

Anyway, the problem has been resolved.

Thanks go to stahta01 for their assistance.

Brian