Author Topic: Compiling Code::Blocks : linking error  (Read 4650 times)

Zendil

Compiling Code::Blocks : linking error
« on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:56 am »
Hello,

I'm trying to compile Code::Blocks, following this tuto: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Windows.

I already compiled WxWidgets, downloaded SVN, etc. and tried to compile Code::Blocks, but the linking failed (I compiled in "full command line" mode) :
---
mingw32-g++.exe -shared   -Wl,--dll -Lbase\tinyxml -LD:\<…>\wxMSW-2.8.12\lib\gcc_dll -Ldevel -Lplugins\compilergcc\depslib <many lines>  -o devel\share\CodeBlocks\plugins\compiler.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--no-undefined -mthreads  -lcodeblocks -lwxmsw28u -ldepslib
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ldepslib
---

I use Windows 7 64bit, MinGW 4.8.1-4 (last version), Code::Blocks 13.12. I don't understand this kind of error (this is the first time I compile such project).

Thank you

EDIT : I understood that all the "note: in expansion of macro…", that I was mentioning before, are just compilation notes, and not errors.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 11:18:44 am by Zendil »

Online ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Compiling Code::Blocks : linking error
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 05:11:51 am »
Hello,

I'm trying to compile Code::Blocks, following this tuto: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Windows.

I already compiled WxWidgets, downloaded SVN, etc. and tried to compile Code::Blocks, but the linking failed (I compiled in "full command line" mode) :
---
mingw32-g++.exe -shared   -Wl,--dll -Lbase\tinyxml -LD:\<…>\wxMSW-2.8.12\lib\gcc_dll -Ldevel -Lplugins\compilergcc\depslib <many lines>  -o devel\share\CodeBlocks\plugins\compiler.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias -Wl,--enable-auto-import -Wl,--no-undefined -mthreads  -lcodeblocks -lwxmsw28u -ldepslib
c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.8.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ldepslib
---

I use Windows 7 64bit, MinGW 4.8.1-4 (last version), Code::Blocks 13.12. I don't understand this kind of error (this is the first time I compile such project).

Thank you
despslib is a build target, did you build it? Next time, you can show use the full log message.

EDIT : I understood that all the "note: in expansion of macro…", that I was mentioning before, are just compilation notes, and not errors.
I don't understand this sentence.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.