Author Topic: New plugin committed  (Read 20110 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: New plugin committed
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 10:08:52 pm »
@michael: I confirm the wxXmlResource::Unload() problem in Ubuntu. I have #ifdef'd this line of code, but note that the second time you 'll run this wizard (in the same session) you may expect a crash because the loaded XRC will not be refreshed...

Thank you very much for the help and the warning :D. Now it compiles fine. The problem with Ubuntu is due to the wxGTK library that is too old?

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 10:41:09 pm »
Thank you very much for the help and the warning :D. Now it compiles fine. The problem with Ubuntu is due to the wxGTK library that is too old?

Yes. Although I haven't checked this, maybe there's a newer wxGTK in the backports repository...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 10:53:15 pm »

Yes. Although I haven't checked this, maybe there's a newer wxGTK in the backports repository...

Ok. I am quite sure that Dapper will come with an update version (I hope it anyway :)). If not it would be better to build wxGTK directly from the sources. I will look to check if I find a newer version.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: New plugin committed [FIX]
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 08:31:49 am »
Known "issue": when you run update.bat to update your installation, it copies the Makefile.am files too. These are not part of the sample projects.
If you change some lines in update.bat as following it will work.
Change:

xcopy /y /s plugins\projectwizard\resources\* %RESDIR%\templates\wizard >nul
xcopy /y /s plugins\projectwizard\resources\* output\share\codeblocks\templates\wizard >nul

...into:

echo Makefile.am > excludes.txt
xcopy /y /s plugins\projectwizard\resources\* %RESDIR%\templates\wizard /EXCLUDE:excludes.txt >nul
xcopy /y /s plugins\projectwizard\resources\* output\share\codeblocks\templates\wizard /EXCLUDE:excludes.txt >nul
del excludes.txt

With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline manmach

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 09:32:57 am »
  • I like the Debug/Release options; they save me a bit of work. Beginners to programming and/or Visual Studio converts will also feel much more comfortable. (I know your goal isn't to duplicate VS, but a few crossovers like this definitely don't hurt.)
  • The assumption that I will want my project in a subfolder of whatever folder I choose, with the same name as the project, is faintly irritating to me. Admittedly, I only have a few "projects" for which this wouldn't be suitable -- i.e. "solutions", containing multiple C::B "Projects", and I only have to set them up once. Still, semi-pros such as myself might appreciate a way to put the .cbp file exactly where we want when it's first created.

I don't like the idea of the subfolder either. In fact, in my (our) case it is almost always the wrong choice.
And if you want to compromise, make the compisted path editable. It is already listed to show the final result, so making that editable can't be too much bother. People who prefer the current setup can simply accept the end result, while others can remove the unwanted smartness.
Myself, I would go with letting people specify the path without adding a subdirectory automatically. Most other programs don't.

As for the debug and release, that is nice, but I find the choice of directorie odd. That may be because I am used to how KDevelop does it.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 11:30:51 am »
As for the debug and release, that is nice, but I find the choice of directorie odd. That may be because I am used to how KDevelop does it.

Those are just the initial values. If you change them, the next time you run the wizard it will use the last values you entered. So this is a non-issue.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 02:05:35 pm »
Makefile.am problem solved on windows (Thanks Morton !!!).
People who are already using a build from yesterday :
 a) by building themselves : before a new update : delete the "share\CodeBlocks\templates\wizard" dir from output and devel
 b) nightly builds users : just use tonights build but don't put it on top of a previous build (or if you instist to put it on top of an older one, you should first delete the same directory as in a) )

Offline manmach

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 02:15:29 pm »

Those are just the initial values. If you change them, the next time you run the wizard it will use the last values you entered. So this is a non-issue.

I see. Of course I haven't tried it a second time yet, otherwise I might have noticed.

sethjackson

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 10:03:36 pm »
Umm the wxWidgets wizard doesn't use global user variables...... Is this intended?